View Single Post
Old 2007-02-06, 15:36
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE Send a message via MSN to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid
I only do growls and screams, and I can only hold those for 5 or 6 seconds.
I scream using the top of my throat and growl using the lower part. According to Mellisa fucking Cross, this is wrong, yet she wont elaberate on how to actually scream. My throat is sore after I only scream for a song or so (I don't scream for a band, so no rush on building endurance.). I know some of you say "Oh, just build endurence through singing, stopping, drinking water etc. then do it again the next day.".

I heard there is a way to scream other then this that does not hurt at all. I hear Mellisa Cross talk about false cords, but I never heard her say how to actually use them.

Is there soemthing on her DVD I'm missing? Could someone elaberate?

Thanks for any help.

for growls you just have to build endurance by practicing man and once you can growl for a long period of time start trying to make it sound better by experimenting with your voice you will never know how good you sound until you record your self growling/screaming you can always improve and if you have some awesomoe shit like you sound dont change the way you sing to add variety either man dont smoke dude that is what most people think happend to chris barnes (ex-cannibal corpse and current Torture Killer and Six feet under singer) wich made him sound bad to some people. Hope this helps.

- HAMMERSMASHEDFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
He's calling you a faggot piece of shit because you are young and unintelligent, and most of all, you are a boring, stereotyopical, close minded metal head. Please don't pretend to understand anything PST says. Please leave the forum now.