Thread: Cowbell
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-07, 14:52
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can only think of one example at the moment where cowbell is used; Pantera's "Drag the Waters." There's also cowbell being played in All That Remain's "Deepest Gray."

I use it in this one song. The guitars just play natural harmonic 8th notes on the 5th fret. The first time they do this (before the verse), I hit the cowbell on beats 2 and 4. Then the second time they do it (after the chorus), I hit it on each down beat. That's the best I can explain it.

I guess the best way to use it is to accent certain beats, and possibly in more softer parts of the song. Just experiment. Take a song you know, and put some cowbell in it. Maybe ride on the cowbell instead of the hi hat. Maybe roll on it when doing a kit roll or a fill.

My friends got me another cowbell, and they keep getting me to bring it with me whenever I go see them. I "accidently" leave it at their house. It's the same pitch, and it doesn't even have the plastic rim on it like mine does. Plus, I don't have neither toe room for it nor the patience to go get a mount for it.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.