Thread: Jazz...
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-04, 08:48
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic_Fitzravia
Django Reinhardt owns! my favourite old skool jazz player.His lead style is incredible. cant imagine how he can come up with such licks. it would be nice to play like him!

Cynic on the other hand does sound like genre-hopping to me.it does have jazz breaks between metal riffs for example the song textures and also veil of maya.Since im a noob myself you guys can correct me anytime. i dont really get the point of fusing jazz with metal if there is such term as genre-hopping. Thanks

It can seem like they are just skipping between metal and jazz, but Masvidal and co. do not really write by genre and it does to me sound blended. The melodies even it out.

You could say the same about my music, but I've written, I've not 'hopped genres'. I barely listen to any jazz. If you want to listen, follow the garageband link in my signature.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!