View Single Post
Old 2006-12-31, 08:17
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
No way. Grindcore is an evolution from hardcore punk meaning strip away the unnecessary pretty parts and you're left with raw unfiltered emotion. Grrr. Tis the best.

Marry me.

Yes, genuine grindcore is the ultimate form(IMO) of nihilistic angsty expression and the angriest outlet out there both lyrically and musically. I don't think any other kind of music gets noisier, rawer, but so plain DIRECT and authentic than grind(and I'm a big brutal/tech DM fan).

I really think albums like Scum, From Enslavement to Obliteration, Mentally Murdered, World Downfall, etc. are the soundtrack to the modern age we live in, where disinformation, ignorance and intolerance, materialism, mass appeal and multi-national corporations reign supreme. Despite death metal and extreme music in general having evolved and changed so much, gotten so extreme nowadays, I don't think any modern extreme band could surpass the authentic, non-forced angriness and social awareness that is conveyed in grindcore music. A lot of bands these days just force the emotion to "sound brutal", rather than authentically representing the way they feel when they write a song.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)