View Single Post
Old 2006-10-31, 14:54
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
ah its al the same to me, just starts on a different note/string, the patterns are all the same, so i dont bother with modes, they just confuse me.

That's how I remember it, too. Although modes of the same scale have the same overall feel, each scale has a unique tonality. That's why we distinguish. Try playing something like the Locrian Natural 6th and then play the mode after it, Ionian Augmented. Very different. Or the Hindu mode then the Superlocrian.

Cultural names for minor modes are confusing. I prefer to give them their theoretical names. That one that I gave above is also called Dorian #4, and it was a magazine that gave it the name Romanian. Sometimes they end up getting confused. Particularly on the Internet. Someone suggested that the Persian scales has a bb6 instead of b6 once. AAAGH!

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!