View Single Post
Old 2006-10-16, 18:39
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to 4d5e6f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotun
I feel like a real idiot haveing to ask this but how would i go about tuning to a band like In Flames, C F A# D# G C, the A# F and D# give me trouble, because 1. there is no 'F' on my tuner, and 2. to hit the A# and D# i was thinking i need to play a normal not but hold on to a note, its hard to explain but like lets say if i wanted to tune it to D# i hold down the 1st fret and tune to D for example, can anyone help me with this, im sorry again im kinda new to this.

As well as far as playing In Flames how would you rate them on playing level, beginner, easy, medium, hard, guitar god? i'd figure it to be somewhere in the medium to hard area, but they are my main focus in terms of learning right now.

What tuner do you use? I use a cheap Korg GA-30 guitar and it only shows the standard BEADGBe on it, but it has a button called "flat" which lowers the tuning by 1 semitone (or 1/2 a step) per press. So basicly if I wanted to tune to D#, I press flat once. D is 2 presses, C# is 3, C is 4, B is 5 (but the tuner normally does B anyway). The tuner won't go as low as F, but if you wanted F# you could hit flat 5 times and tune to what it calls B. I can't even imagine playing in F or F# though. That's practically standard bass tuning. Way too freaking low.

About your in flames question, though I've never heard any of the band's songs, if playing them helps you improve your playing, by all means, play and learn them.

Also, you can get the tuner I use off musiciansfriend for $15 plus s&h. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...uner?sku=210526