View Single Post
Old 2006-09-24, 02:20
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Never played any of these, but I have a PAF Pro laying around that will soon be installed in one of my axes along with an X2N.

For cleans, the absolute best sound IMO is that of a single coil in the neck pos. Like the slanted coil in my Charvel Model 5FX: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Sounds sweet, even though it's just the stock Jackson pickup. I'm sure a storebought singlecoil will sound even better.

Now I'm not saying you should mod your guitar for a singlecoil, but I suggest trying an axe with one and make up your mind. Or get a coil splittable humbucker(like the PAF Pro! ) or a low output bucker like the humbucker from hell(Dimarzio, sounds like a singlecoil).

Your static/noise can be fixed by throwing a Boss NS2 in your amp's effects loop. Btw, I don't know if Peavey Bandits have decent clean sounds...

Thanks for your reccomendation, I would want to try something like that, but I dont see it being very cost effective.

Na, the pickup is definantly fucked. The amount of static is ridiculous and should not be like that, its fucked.

A side question... Can a low output bucker that is good for cleans deliver great soloing sound? I know my PAF sure as hell doesn't, but maybe I was just unlucky.

What about Bill Lawrence pickups I hear everyone talking about... any good?