Thread: Grind
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-16, 23:20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
If I wanted to go to Europe, I would go to Europe. I take music , among other things, very seriously, and I hate it when people make a joke out of it. People who lack disipline, poeple who would rather get piss drunk and scream into a mic than commit themselves to performing a great show.And I'm not just talking about metal music.

When I was in school, I was in the marching band. Contrary to popular belief, it is hard work to rehearse each movement, put it on the field, and perform it. I was proud of the work we did BECAUSE we put hard work into it. People shouldn't have that sense of pride and that feeling of acomplishment handed to them on a platter without working for it. Anal Cunt performs, like, what, how many half assed shows and gets signed? I understand the whole "slap in the face to the whole conglomerate of music." And I know music is a form of expression. But for me, music is also something that I want to push myself with. Reach my potential.

If I wanted to be a "funny" little asshole, I would just shit in a bucket on stage and throw it into a crowd.

I meant got to Europe and play.

You shouldn't take something like other people's music so seriously (your own music is a different story, go ahead and do you're best, I respect that whole-heartedly).
Plus, do you know how hard it is to play noisey-grind or improvised shows like AC does and actually keep it fairly tight? Not that terribly easy.

P.S. They put on a very great show, at least to me. I see nothing more entertaining that a drunken crackhead getting in a fight in the middle of his set. Now that he is cripple it's still great because he still perform the songs "Brain Dead" and "You're In A Coma."

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."