Thread: Grind
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-15, 12:58
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
if you dont get some kind of emotion listening to music why do you listen to it in the first place? you may disagree with what emotion compelledtolacerate seeks, but i think music should illicit some kind of emotional response

I don't know I just kinda listen, then I decide if I like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
the thing about anal cunt...(lot's of text)...maybe im looking too far into things, i dont know

You are pretty much right. It's why I think GG and AC are great, because they don't give a fuck about anyone except themselves. They made they kind of music (and did the craziest shit) that THEY WANTED to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
If I wanted to listen to sound, I would just put a cat in a bag and bang it into a brick wall for 2 hours. If I wanted to listen to sound, I would eat 10 tacos from the back of some Mexican's shitty-looking car, light off my farts, and burn my ass hairs off while squealing like a cunt. You hear sound EVERYWHERE. Music is a form of sound that has one purpose, which is to give you that feeling I'm describing. That I'm-on-top-of-the-world-so-fuck-all-of-you feeling.

Were all those analogies really necessary?
Perhaps I just didn't understand. If it's emotion we are talking here, then all grindcore really elicits is anger and hatred...AC would be the #1 band for that.
If it's lyrical content, that shouldn't really matter anyway because most grind bands it's hard to understand them anyway.
Or is it the AC attitude that you just don't like?

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."