View Single Post
Old 2006-06-22, 16:40
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deifiler
Bang on. Malmsteen himself can play one note that rivals a run of 16 notes by himself (and that's a realistic figure, as oppose to 'thousands').

Malmsteen's song 'Blue' is a clear example to destroy people who are stuck up their arse in the imaginary rut that 'shredders can't play'. Malmsteen etc deliver versatility - If you disgaree that he can't play, check out his covers for a start, from Abba to Hendrix, then check out his various platforms, songs such as "Amberdawn", and the ever popular "Black Star" he made aged seventeen. I'm not saying he's the best guitarist, just defending him from uncultured pretentious acclaimed 'jazz lovers'; the people who spend four years doing a music course and think they're better musicians because they can sight read. (maybe I shot myself in the foot there, but again, Malmsteen can do all of that and the chords too, same goes for Jarzombek)

Plus with malmsteens unique tone, he can hit one note that emotes more than an average band can say with an entire album.

Here's to the downfall of the 'Soulful Blues faggots' if they can accept reality

So what youre saying is if you can't alternate pick, sweep, shred, do extreme tapping and stuff at super high speeds you suck really bad and it doesn't matter if you have any emotion because you still suck without speed? FUCK YOU.