View Single Post
Old 2002-09-24, 05:54
New Blood

Drummers in Australia??

Hey all.
I'm a 16y/o guitarist in a heavy metal band, and I'm from the Central Coast of NSW (2 hrs from Sydney).
We need a DAMN fast drummer, influenced primarily by Igor Cavelera, Joey Jordison, and Paul Bostaph (Dave's COOL, but I find that Paul's more creative - And brought a groove to Slayer which didn't seem to be there before... )
Our primary influences include Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, and Sepultura.
MY influences are those bands, AND, Slipknot, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendancies, Machine Head, Megadeth (New and old -- Just NOT "Risk"!!), DryKillLogic, Iron Maiden and Van Halen.
(I also like Sabbath, Cradle, Faith No More/Fantomas/Bungle, etc -- But I don't want to be in a band with keyboards).. no offense keyboardists...

I write aggressive music, similar in style to NEW Slayer (and some old), and Sepultura, and Machine Head.

--My fav Slayer's are Ghosts of War, War Ensemble, Antichrist, Hallowed Point,
Killing Fields, Sex.Murder.Art., Dittohead, 213, Serenity In Murder, Bitter Piece, Stain of Mind, Death's Head, Overt Enemy, ALL of G.H.U.A., and so on.
--Favorite Sep's are Inner Self, Arise, Dead Embryonic Cells, Desperate Cry, Altered State, C.I.U., Territory, Amen, We Who Are Not As Others, Clenched Fist, Roots, Ratamahatta, Spit, Sepulnation, Border Wars, Human Cause, Vox Populi
--Fav M.H.'s are Struck A Nerve, Old, The Blood, Sweat, Tears, Bulldozer

i AM a good guitarist, I put the FUCKING effort into practicing and playing well, and I am dedicated (After I finish year 10 -- LOL!)

I LIVE AND BREATH HEAVY FUCKING METAL (I LOVE ALL music, but metal is MY THING), and I am willing to send CD's/Tapes/MP3's (WHATEVER!) of myself playing covers and maybe some originals.. if you're lucky.... or unlucky. lol.

Anyway, i've taken up enough time and space, but if you're interested, send emails to SIMON, at depressed_diseased@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot dudes... "KEEP KICKIN'!" as my (anonimous) "drummer friend" would say.

PS: I HATE GOD -- if you're anything besides athiest, satanist or antichrist, don't bother me... LATER DUDES!!!