View Single Post
Old 2006-05-16, 23:48
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
Electric Kits are great for recording. Think about it, it's all direct. With real drums you have to get all these mics and make sure they don't bleed into each other. Plus if you want any weird drum effects it's as simple as a turn of the knob. And the volume is adjustable.

What my drummer does is he has a real drum kit with certain electric things as well. He has two seperate acoustic bass drums on either side but has an electric bass drum in the middle with double pedals on it. He also has one electric tom, one electric snare (both a real and electric snare are beside on another) and one electric cymbal. That way when we jam with covering The Berzerker or C.U.M. he just uses the electric bass drum and stuff. Plus he also has a sampler on his kit so when he one of the pads a sample plays.

Personally I prefer real drums mixed with electric.

That would take a shit ton of experimenting and what not to get that shit down right... haha Fuck that i'll go one way or the other but not both.

As far as the guy above... I have the Roland Tdk-6 its not that bad. I think you can get a slightly cheaper one than that and it would sound decient. I mean mine sounds pretty decient with the tweaking that i've done on it. I think you may only sacrifice the snare. Being that you would get the regular rubber one and not the mesh one.

I recommend it.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...