View Single Post
Old 2006-05-16, 23:37
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
Thought i would get the thread started, this is my first proper recording, so please dont be harsh , but crit it please

its amon amarth - death in fire.

http://deathgore.dmusic.com/

thanks for listening

I found it to not be too bad. A few notes of crtique.

Definately need to redo the eq all together, i mean everything needs to shifted more towards the highs mostly because it comes out muddy. I mean It sounds like it could be decient as long as there were balance of a full range on the spectrum of freqs.

Next i dont' remember off hand, but when like... mid way it switches from one... riff or whatever to another one. One you don't hear in the beginning.. (its a big switch) Its a good switch other then the fact that the music literally stops for like .5 seconds and throws the listener off, in a seemingly unpleasant and confusing way. If you could just work the timing on that change it would actually be a really good change.

Overall i enjoyed the recording other than the nit picking things i noticed.

Edit: I probably need to put this in since i didn't realize this until after i posted. I guess this is a cover of the song. I actually haven't heard the song but it sounded pretty decient.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...