View Single Post
Old 2006-05-06, 16:48
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpayne
As for gore lyrics, I think they usually lack in talent but make up for it in primitive creativity. It's kinda like a guy that can fire peas out of his nose across the entire gym floor. It's not so much that it's impressive on a deeper level, rather simply entertaining. Like growling. You don't have to hit notes like singers do, so the talent aspect isn't really in question. It's more about whether you can do it or not and how cool it sounds. Gore lyrics are the same. There's usually no intellectual skill required, but sweet fuck they're still amusing and fun. And one of the greatest things about it is that it's completely fantasy. There's no attempt at trying to make it realistic. As a matter of fact, a lot of times they go out of their way to make it over-the-top. It's practically cartoonish. So nobody can seriously say they're evil lyrics that put violent thoughts in peoples' minds. It's like an extremely bloody, gut-ripping version of Looney Toons. Just harmless, brainless (heheh, excuse the pun) fun.
But yeah, they do get old at times. Luckily most bands who use them vocalize in a way that you can't make out a goddamn word. So in the end it doesn't matter.

Actually you bring up some intresting points that are actually quite true. Gore lyrics completely dont' do anything for me at all. I'll hardly even read it just because to me its a waste of my time. But i can not deny the fact that it does use "primitive creativity" and the use of ... a non standard imagination. (i guess if thats more or less what i mean)

Just basically, that in a sense it has its own artistic value, and that can't be denied. Obviously comparing... lets say.. Melodic songs about... feelings and emotions can not be directly compared to gore lyrics. (At least measuring on the same scales) So therefore.. in my opinion, most.. of the regular judgements about gore lyrics are misplaced for what they are intended to do.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...