View Single Post
Old 2006-02-13, 15:22
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfmastTrousers
Necrobutcher's clip was kind of muddy, but I believe the 530 can get extremely brutal.

mine's a little on the too bright sounding side so if you take the mean of necro's and my clips you'll have an idea of what the 530 can do...

If i had my setup at home (it's at my rehearsal space) I'd do more clips...maybe this weekend when my band and I start recording, i'll do a little seperate thing (my band's alt-rock, not BR00T4L METUHL at all) for ya.

I forget the settings on this clip, but I remember I boosted my treble and backed off my bass...probably not a good idea. I had it w/ a Peavey Classic 60/60 poweramp and Marshall 1960A cab, w/ shure sm-57 off-axis.

Pretty simple repetitive riffage.

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...AE02YYZRNHBRH9V

Also dont judge the ENGL via direct recordings....it SUCKS at direct recording, no matter how much shit you put in front of it.

Wow, sounded fucking great. Thanks. Yeah I know direct recording sucks, every amp that has an out that I've tried for recording sounded like ass.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)