View Single Post
Old 2006-02-12, 16:00
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
haha no, the 530 certaintly cant get as brutal as the 570

however it can get fairly brutal though, and in a different way then the 570

ill have a 530 clip for you in a few hours maybe

Thanks. I don't play insanely super gain all the time, but stuff like Nile, Decapitated and Vader is the kind of grind I wanna be able to acheive, maybe even a bit more at times(I use a X2N and ToneZone as bridge PU's). I also like some massive grind like Rotten Sound, Suffo and Nasum and shit. The 530 does have massive balls, right? Is it as brutal as a 5150? I love brutal sounds but I don't want to sacrifice versatility only for super brutal palm mutes. I'm fairly impressed with the lead and clean sounds it has, but I need to hear some more of the high gain rythm stuff it can do. I found one sample that was gradually increasing gain with the same riff played over and over. Was nice but I'm not sure if it can do more than that.

Does the poweramp allow you to acheive more gain, or does it rely solely on the preamp? Would using a E530 with a Maxon OD808 be a good idea? I certainly want that Suffocation sound in that 570 clip, if it can do that then I'll be quite pleased.

If you're recording something, let me know what settings you're using, like where the gain knob's at, what channel, EQ, pickups, tone wood, cab, etc. And do something with a lotta balls if you don't mind, cause that's exactly what I need to know it's capable of. Thanks a lot for the help.

Any other E530 owners are encouraged to share samples, please.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)