View Single Post
Old 2006-02-03, 12:28
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonGuitars07
The JCM I tried out in the local store didn't have enough gain. Good for classic rock tones though.

Hmm... I called GC in NYC and asked them if they had>

Mesa(anything)
Soldano(anything)
Framus(anything)
Madison Divinity.
Crate GT3500
Crate BV120
Marshall JCM900.
Peavey 5150/6505/XXX/JSX

And the only thing they had was the Bv120 and GT3500! Wtf! I was expecting a store in NYC to have a bigger selection. They also carry JCM900's but they didn't have any in stock, guess I'll have to try more stores. The BV120 was going for 800$, but he didn't mention if it included a cab(I hope so). I don't plan to buy anything in a store, I'm getting it used or on eBay, unless they provide some payment plan and return options and shit.

So next week I'll lug my axe there to give the BV120 and GT3500(though I don't really want a SS head) a try. I'd go Monday, but I have to go see Nile and Decapitated that night. :P

Hmm... if anyone knowledgeable with amps in the NYC area is willing, I'd invite them to some booze if they show me around to some small shops that have different amps.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)