View Single Post
Old 2005-11-22, 10:12
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
K, this has nothing to do with playing material, but I've been having problems with my fingers. After playing for some time, I build up calices on my fingers, and they get all hard and shit. Now this has happened twice before on the same finger, the 3rd finger. The calice on it eventually starts ripping off, and it when I start playing and bending strings, it opens up a cut on the finger. Now I've got a fucking open cut on the finger and it hurts like a bitch playing. Anyone else experience this before, or anyone know a way to like put something on your finger so you can play w/out it hurting?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that that happens after you haven't played for a couple of days? You know you are racing against your own body in this case; you try to kill a bit of it and it tries to repair the damage. Be stubborn; the only way to make them permanently hard is keep at it.
Btw, have you noticed that you can impress people by inserting needles into your fingertips?

Now for a small question of my own:
I have a dist pedal that gives a wonderful metal sound. Funny thing is, if I don't modulate the signal with the dist in my amp while using this pedal the volume soars to bloody concert levels, even when I got the pedal's volume almost on minimum. Anyone knows why?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein