View Single Post
Old 2005-09-10, 16:10
Senior Metalhead

Yeah I got a move: Play.

Actually I really don't do much but play onstage. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing things onstage, but it's not really my style. Plus I find that it hinders my concentration and makes me slightly less tight for playing. Plus I keep my bass rather high so it's a little difficult to do some of the abovementioned moves. I think the Megadeth style that Subsonic described is awesome (the legs far apart) especially his addition of playing the bass vertically, but I don't do it myself really.
I guess I'm just not a good enough musician to be able to do that stuff comfortably while playing, and the other reason is that is just don't feel like I want to. I guess it all depends on the music style too. In one of my bands (well more like ex-bands ...) I did some of that stuff, but only when I felt compelled to do it-ie headbanged only on riffs that I really liked instead of on all fast/thrashy riffs.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.