Thread: Bc Rich Bass??
View Single Post
Old 2005-06-22, 12:14
Senior Metalhead

You can always tell if a bass will sound good by just playing it accoustically. If you don't get a good sound like that, there's nothing the pickups and amp can do to get a good sound amplified.
Having said that I can tell you that I own a B.C. Rich Warlock and I think it's a real piece of shit. It looks good but it's way out of balance and has horrible tone and generally sounds cheap. Luckily I don't have to play that thing anymore, I just pick it up every once in a while for fun and to make sure I don't forget how to play a four string.
If you're going to buy online, try going to a music store and looking to see if they carry the bass you're looking at. Try it there, and if you don't like the sound of a new one, you probably won't like a used one either. If you're looking at a B.C. Rich, I'd say ask for a strap and see how it balances too. It's much harder to play when you have to worry about keeping the neck up.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.