View Single Post
Old 2005-05-12, 13:13
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
Damn..I like more players on the Dominican Republic team than on the U.S. team.Sammy Sosa(my favorite player),David Ortiz,Soriano,Tejada...This is fantastic news.I thought Manny Ramirez was a different nationality,shocked to see him on the U.S. team.

Manny is from the Dominican Republic, but he's a US citizen. I'd be pissed if he played for the Dominican, he's my favorite hitter and he plays for my favorite team- now he should play for my country, which he is now a citizen of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrweijia
I suppose it was orgnised by the US. Which is why Cuba isn't there, depsite being one of the best countries for baseball.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that it was organized by MLB. I've been hearing rumors about something like this for years, I can't believe it's actually going to happen. Cuba will almost certainly be there, they just aren't official yet because their invitation must be "cleared by the U.S. State Department and then subject to approval by Fidel Castro", according to the article. Makes sense to me. Some of the players in the MLB have actually defected from Cuba seeking asylum here. I wonder who they would play for, if anybody?