View Single Post
Old 2005-04-28, 11:49
Senior Metalhead

It's really hard to say which song I learned first, since I technically never learned an entire song until I had been playing for several months. It's more like "what riffs did you learn to play?"

Having said that, here are some of the things I started with:
Pantera: Walk (the main "easy" riff) - someone had a guitar mag with the bassline for this. I didn't know what tuning was yet, or pre-bending either. I thought it sounded a little odd ...
Ozzy: Crazy train intro ... enough said
Megadeth: Peace Sells intro! There you go Metal Thrashing Mad ... only I couldn't play it properly, obviously
Dread and the Fugitive Mind: I could get most of it, except for the fast part. Naturally I was sloppy all through the song
Disconnect: Having not develloped the ear for bass, I was playing the guitar part from a guitar tab ... still fun though
Legend of Zelda: The song that played in the levels in the original NES game .... couldn't play the 5/4 part very well though ...
Iron Maiden: Can I Play with Madness - only lately have I went over that one again and realized how horrible the tab was ...
The Wicker Man: That was good practice for 3 string power chords.

Haha what a bloody mess. It took so long to develop the feel of the instrument. I don't think I'll start an instrument from scratch ever again - I'm comfortable with bass thank you
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.