View Single Post
Old 2005-03-29, 12:13
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
..the sounds of the line 6 spiders are so strerile and that the only reason people buy it is because mick from slipknot made a video with it (im not saying thats why you want it).
i, like you, was all up for the spider II originally, but then came the cube and i then sided with that imidiately.

heh no kidding.. if anything that is a reason I would *not* buy the Spider.. but seriously, I think you are the third person to assume that I am about the get the Spider. I began this thread more interested in the Cube, and I am pretty much back where began. More people here respect the Cube, though the reviews out there seem pretty balanced. The Cube's modeling is considered a good feature, while the Spider's fx are considered shit.. so thats one up for the Cube. xDx swears the Cube has better tone, which is great, BUT the one thing keeping me slightly interested in the Spider is the fact that only non-metallers seem displeased with it.. therefore, if the sound of the Spider pisses off conventional rock and blues players, it might mean that it just sounds too evil all around, which is a possible point for the Spider in my book. In the end, I think it's gonna be the Cube. . thanx