View Single Post
Old 2005-02-26, 14:50
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx

i think anyone over there would be retarded to pick a mesa recto over and engl.. unless they really must have the recto sound, and they have the money to waste.

because, the triamp is "the best" imo.. and it's also much cheaper.

but it would be fun to a/b them... to bad engl is so rare, i'd never get an se and a triamp in the same room. hell, same city for that matter.

the jcm 2000's rock imo... but personally, the jcm 900 sl-x is where it's at. way more gain and much cooler and "tigher" tone. though you lose on versitilty.

cranked jcm 800's just have mojo, amazing tone, just short of that extra kick of gain...

I agree on the triamp, its not like one of those line 6 crap things that tries to do everything and does everything for like 50%....

most people here buy a recto instead of a powerball. though the powerball is making a name for itself over here, more stores are starting to stock them and stuff, just because the few stores that did sell them, sold them really well. Remember though, the recto is pretty 'hyped' over here. loads of kids are getting gibson les pauls/sg's and a recto, tune in drop d and play nothing but powerchords. Must be the same over there man. I hate it though, I fucking hate it. I can't stand people that get all their gear from their mommy, it allways reminds me of how much I had to work to get my gear

JCM2000's. I just can't get into them. I tried it many times, a friend of mine has a TSL and it just bores the crap out of me. like most marshall stuff. the jcm900 sl-x is definetly the best sounding jcm900 out there, I played one in a store once, isn't it the slash signature or something? (I'de be fucked if I remember..)

the JCM800 is the fucking shizznizzle if you ask me. it's cheap, it's loud and its bad as a motherfucker. If you like that kinda distortion, its definetly the amp to go for. the jcm800 zakk wylde thing rocks too, though I didn't think it sounded that much different to justify the price tag. it's still just a silly jcm800. with cool looks.

it just struck me, I saw a triamp MKI go for 900 euro's on the german ebay, that's a great deal... I wouldn't recommend buying from other continents though unless you got it all worked out.

oh and the powerball doesn't come with a cupholder or dvd player, it comes with a red pimpin' light that attracts chicks to it like flies.
you won't hear me complaining