Thread: Metal Fest
View Single Post
Old 2005-02-18, 19:55
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
There isn't, I'm a huge Voivod fan. I'm just pointing out the fact that hardly anyone else is because they're too bizarre for the average consumer. I love the music on Pleasures of the Flesh, but Steve Souza just bugs me. He's got a whiny nasal quality about him and he lacks range and balls. Regarding the Metallica solos, that's exactly what I was implying (The gradual change after they ran out of Mustaine's material).

Out of curiosity, let me know who you think are the three best bands at this Metal Fest so I can check them out. Watching the new Headgiver's Ball on MTV2 is not improving my opinion of new bands at all.

If I went, it would be to see Nile and King Diamond, although there are definitely better bands there like Cryptopsy and Origin. There are other bands there that I want to say are very good, but I haven't heard quite enough of their stuff to really know for sure. Those bands would be Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Cephalic Carnage, and Internal Bleeding. I also would want to check out bands I've heard very little or nothing of, but have heard about, like Pro-Pain, Between the Buried and Me, Pariah, Chimaira, and Dark Tranquility. I'd also check out Evergreen Terrace, because, well, because my main man Ned lives on a street called Evergreen Terrace.