View Single Post
Old 2004-12-05, 21:18
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
You are exactly right. One should not take offense that someone doesn't like their piece. If we all liked the same thing we'd still be listening to a monkey beating on a coconut instead of having different types of instruments. Words are self expression and we may not all agree with what's said, but as mature critics we should be able to set aside personal preference and comment on positive things about a piece like spelling, grammar, form, storyline, even though we don't like other things about it. Unless, of course, it just plain sucks balls, but generally the person already knows that themselves. I've found that sometimes when something does have a bad structure it's not because the person is a complete fool, but because English is not their primary language. And that's when it's encouraging to the other person to offer aide to help them perfect their own pieces. I've made some great friends that way, too.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!