View Single Post
Old 2004-07-22, 16:49
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
Open Riffs:
Amon Amarth - Across the Rainbow Bridge - opening riff rules and the lyrics of the song are just so god damn awesome
At the Gates - Blinded by Fear - just a kick ass riff period
As Hope Dies - Legions Bow to a Faceless God - sweet emotion in the riff i think
Kataklysm - 1999/6661/2000 - another great riff that just gets me pumped and start banging my steering wheel while driving.
Forest of Impaled - Forward the Spears - I love songs about war and death and this song has an awesome little sound clip and then immediately puts you into the song
Amon Amarth - An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm - Great opening riff off the new Amon Amarth cd. Nice heavy shit of course
Ancient Rites - Dim Carcosa - just a nice sorrowful song and riff
Dimmu Borgir - Progencies of the Great Apocalypse - Love the riff, the song, the lyrics, it absolutely kicks ass. Orchestra is a big part of getting the mood going there
In Flames - Rerout to Remain - just cool is all

Closing Riffs:
Ancient Rites - Dim Carcosa - not all of the ending is guitar but the riff for that...
The Black Dahlia Murder - Contagion - Just a cool mean riff at the end of the song. Lyrics go with it as well which i sure as hell love to bellow
Elvenking - A Poem for the Firament - the acoustic on it is just so damn cool and peaceful. a great way to end a cd
Elvenking - Seasonsong - another acoustic that just kicks ass. not that it is hard but just sounds so sweet
GWAR - Happy Death Day - good song about school and society ha good riff to finish the cd again

I think that's it...