View Single Post
Old 2004-07-07, 19:50
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
the h4's arent to bad for passive emg's... but mainly the 81,85,and 60 are the emg active humbuckers of choice.
i plan on gettin a guitar with active pickups soon, 1972 tele thinline with a duncan livewire metal in the bridge and an emg 60 in the neck...it will be sick as hell.
i like active pickups, but i don't see why alot of people give them a bad rep. just because the don't rely on the woods of the guitar as much as passives. but hell, ever compared a squire strat with a 81 to a waaayy nice guitar like a prs, gibson, or hammer with an 81 in the bridge? they don't sound to similar all of a sudden.
a zw emg in a cheap epi lp wont sound like zack's real guitar just because they have the same pickups.

lol yea you just get emg's or duncans or else i think its gonna look really gay, but the 60 is a good neck pickup i have it along with with 81 on my explorer. In my "Cheap Epi LP Custom" i put in a duncan invader bridge and vintage 59 in the neck. Its pretty bad ass.