View Single Post
Old 2004-03-29, 06:02
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

well I think they matter, if there are about 3-4 tabs of every song.

Yeah, it's a pain in the neck looking through 3 or 4 tabs and deciding which is the best one. If you're not bothered about the accuracy and know you can correct the tab anyway, then it doesn't matter so much which tab you click on. But beginners or less advanced players will definitely find that a ratings system makes thier tab search more time efficient.

I'm all for the rating system but I don't think that whether we keep it or not is the debate here. What we need to do is find a way to increase the number of accurate votes. From reading through, the idea that seems to be unanimous is that voting should only be a perk afforded to registered users. So all that needs to be discussed now, is how do we encourage more users to vote for tabs they know?

I still think that maybe the best way of doing this is to associate voting with an increase in quality of the tabs and to present this idea in an increased number of notices (at the top of the Pending Tabs forum and on the tabs themselves). People won't want to submit a half-arsed attempt if they know they're going to get a 1 or 2, therefore raising the quality of tabs on the site.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn