View Single Post
Old 2004-03-23, 06:27
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
You're reading my thoughts mate

I will change it so that only registered members will be able to vote. In addition, I might also implement user comments on tabs, I'm still not sure if it's a useful feature.

This will be done around May.

Seems like a good idea to me. The user comments will give anyone viewing the tab an idea of how the tab has been received by other members and could possibly influence a more accurate vote rather than just an ignorant click of 1.

A log of who voted would be a good idea too because that would also encourage people to be honest with their votes and not deliberately give a tab a low score out of petulance.

How about that a tab is required to have at least one vote from a mod? There are a few mods around so taking the time to rate a tab of a song that they are familiar with shouldn't take too long. Each tab could have a "moderated by ---" tag and the respective vote. I think this would also influence people to vote honestly and would give every tab at least one vote and therefore a rating. Maybe this would be too time consuming for the mods, but I think it would be a good feature.

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga