View Single Post
Old 2003-11-09, 19:56
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Agent Smith
Quote:
Originally posted by L,B'XXX
The first one I liked because it turned the nemesis into the victim. I especially liked the chorus. It just had a "your turn to eat shit now" attitude. The good guy won after all. Cool.

yes, it's actually about backstabbing friends and retribution for that. It's more of a teen-angst kinda thing now that I look at it. It's really strong to me, though. I was just really pissed off when I wrote it.

Quote:
2nd one-- This had some cool imagery in it. A little more fictious drama but the flow was good and I liked the reps in it. Some blast beats in the reps and very full blown metal would sound good waning to the last spoken part.

ahhh blast beats, it never occured to me. what a kickass idea, possibly a creative Nick Barker-ish blast beat in there. Funny thing about this song is that me and my friend Garrett actually wrote this in the back of English class during a movie haha. he wrote the spoken part, I wrote the rest.

Quote:
3rd-- I was so surprised the day I heard my grandmother expressing her doubts of her religious beliefs, but throughout the ages people have questioned the existence of God and Jesus. It's all through the Bible. But as His children, children ask questions. If we're receptive and listen, we get answers. At least, I have. And it doesn't always mean we do as we're told either. It's not the deeds we do though it's the faith we have , and I think receiving from Him makes faith easier.
There's a lot of validity in what you wrote. There's a lot of why's and what if's. Many give just the lip service of how things are supposed to be, but they don't live it 24/7 or think God only exists on Sundays. To me that's not right. I'm not saying I'm any sort of holy, but I do know who's loved me and who is very real to me.
I'm almost thinking a counter point to the song would be good. If I'm getting that you are a believer. I've heard other songs that speak of secular living that becomes changed in attitude when certain things are finally realized. They know the words to use , but can't really feel it in their heart's until something remarkable happens.

I have gotten plenty of answers since I wrote that song (about 4 1/2 weeks ago I think), so another upbeat song would probably be in the workings soon when I'm a little less busy. Yes, I am a believer, however I can't really show any of these songs to my parents as they wouldn't understand at all. They have no idea about the black metal philosophy and style of writing, so they'd think that most of my fictitious songs were devil-influenced and they'd be much more strict on me. My real songs like Read Your Lines I can't show them either because they'd take it so strongly and think that I've "faded away from Christianity". They still don't even accept metal as a kind of music either. They say it's jsut "noise with uncreative screaming and random anger."

anyway I'll stop boring you... Thanks for all your comments, any feedback helps me in my writing. Also, If you want, you can see my actual band website which has all the songs posted and the meanings behind them on http://www.freewebs.com/nocturnalsun
I also have my 3 mp3's I composed for guitar and recorded on a link on there. I would actually love to have a band someday, but it's just too hard a life to go by because nothing is certain, and most likely the band will not get noticed and remain unsigned. I want something more certain, but on the lines of music, so I want to have a job somewhere in the field of music production.

anyway there ya go and thx big time, since almost nobody comes to the poetty/lyrics section much
-So sayeth the Smith