MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Preliminary top tabbers list (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9844)

nomad 2004-05-19 15:52

It's only about tabs posted in the old Tab Posting forum. All new tabs are already linked to logins.

BozoNightmare 2004-05-24 23:42

Hey, if I post a powertab and exported the ASCII plain text, for every tab I did, does that mean I'd be getting potentially up to twice the score for each tab like 'Inverted' does?

nomad 2004-05-25 03:27

It depends on the quality of the tabs ;)

sanderinos 2004-06-15 11:57

Hey Nomad, I also posted a tab when I joined.... and it was considerd good by Darkenelf. Why is my pride not under my name?:)

The Doctor 2004-06-15 12:17

http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9823

sanderinos 2004-06-15 12:30

ja, reading sucks I know:D

But I only have one. should I start a thread for one?

The Doctor 2004-06-15 12:46

yes

Chris Rezendes 2004-06-18 01:31

It's nothing to get to worried over. Sometimes I'm amazed though... I'm looking at Inverted's version of Death's "Together as One" and it's only voted a 3.00. Some people just vote low to be dicks, I guess. I remember seeing other tabs having really fucked up votes, too. In the end it's not any more important than the "hold" stat in baseball, especially because we don't get paid to tab. :bawling:

I personally only tab stuff either because I'm sick of looking for a tab and not finding it or because someone asks me too. :angel:

Smileys are fun. :drunk:

bosycn8888 2004-10-20 10:33

So Cool, I get it!~~~~~~~~~

:kaioken:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
EDIT: The list is available online on the homepage.

This is how the score is calculated:

Only the tabs with greater than or equal to 3 votes are taken into account. The tab ratings are reduced by 3 and summed up.

This means, an average tab (rating = 3) will give you 0 points, a perfect tab (rating = 5) will give you 2 points, a really bad tab (rating = 1) will deduct 2 points, and so on.

This way, not only the number, but also the quality of the tabs is taken into account, encouraging the tabbers to post better tabs.

I will put the real time top tabbers list on the main site in several weeks. In the mean time I kindly ask all tabbers to post here the list of his/her tabs.

cheers :beer:
nomad

andrewc 2004-10-22 04:52

grrrrrr can i get a few more tab ratings!!!!!!!!!!! after 81 tabs i deserve better than a score of 4!!!! :kaioken: (i aint rating my own tab)

BeastOfCarrion 2004-10-22 05:02

don't worry, we still apreciate you, reguardless of the numbers under your name :love:

andrewc 2004-10-22 05:46

awwwww you just made my day :) :love:

Abysslord 2004-11-05 12:02

Check my sig for my tabs, but I guess I won't get votes since I don't submit here.

Boo hoo :)

I'm with Chris, I tab for myself so I'll know how to play the song if I ever want to. The fact that they're online is just because it doesn't cost me anything to do so, so why not? I'd still tab if I had no internet access.

Rapture 2004-11-12 17:20

on a side note, nobody cares.

Chris Rezendes 2004-11-14 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
on a side note, nobody cares.

On a more accurate note, I care. I'm not sure who exactly Abysslord is, but I know he's either somebody I know or somebody who's associated with people I know by name (Russ Elton, et al.). Those people do great work.

In all honesty, you should submit your tabs here. Make one nick that you guys can all submit tabs under. If the nick is associated with all of you, then all of you get credit. Makes sense to me.

Credit to Dementia 2004-11-14 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
On a more accurate note, I care. I'm not sure who exactly Abysslord is, but I know he's either somebody I know or somebody who's associated with people I know by name (Russ Elton, et al.). Those people do great work.

He is Russ Elton, and they do fantastic work.

Abysslord 2004-11-16 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes

In all honesty, you should submit your tabs here. Make one nick that you guys can all submit tabs under. If the nick is associated with all of you, then all of you get credit. Makes sense to me.

Yeah, basically all the tab work is done by myself now (Russ), with some help from Jordan Baker and a few others who point out mistakes. I've had people help and fix things over the years (hence the names on the tabs), and for MF/KD I teamed up with two other people. But now I'm the only one doing work on them.

I'll keep submitting when I get time, it doesn't hurt so why not? :)

SlayedJesus 2005-01-11 09:04

what if only tabbers could rate the tabs. Maybe it would be more fair... anyways... just a thought

Cloaca 2005-01-12 00:36

Forum members only, I say.

andrewc 2005-01-12 04:20

dunno about forum members only, i think the regular "ill go through and rate this guys tabs 1/5 on purpose" is from inside the ranks. and besides it would be a bit hard to keep tracks on who are members (unless nomad somehow merges the tab page and forum together.) but something has to be done.