MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear & Recording (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Official Bridge Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9629)

BLS 2004-04-07 21:28

WTF??? Its a tune-o-matic bridge right??

Enviedbynone 2004-04-08 00:23

I have just got a Kramer Stirker form the early 80's with a floyd on it, but I am wondering what it actually is, a Floyd II or an OFR or what?
I know they were made with all of them, but does anyone have any ideas on what it could be,

as well, to the tune-o-matic's leaning foward, what the hell are you doing to them??? I have never heard of anything like that cept on cheap woods or on improper mountings or personal replacements

BLS 2004-04-08 15:18

Its probably a floyd II copy. takes some pics and i can tell you for sure

Enviedbynone 2004-04-09 02:23

2 Attachment(s)
here are some pics of the Striker bridge

freek666 2004-04-16 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
WTF??? Its a tune-o-matic bridge right??

yeah

freek666 2004-04-16 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviedbynone
I have just got a Kramer Stirker form the early 80's with a floyd on it, but I am wondering what it actually is, a Floyd II or an OFR or what?
I know they were made with all of them, but does anyone have any ideas on what it could be,

as well, to the tune-o-matic's leaning foward, what the hell are you doing to them??? I have never heard of anything like that cept on cheap woods or on improper mountings or personal replacements

it's his guitar, not mine, and everythig is original

freek666 2004-04-16 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviedbynone
here are some pics of the Striker bridge

thats definately an OFR

BLS 2004-04-17 15:32

EWWWWWWWWWW thats an antique. That bridge just clamps the ball ends down... dosent lock the string at all

Enviedbynone 2004-04-20 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
EWWWWWWWWWW thats an antique. That bridge just clamps the ball ends down... dosent lock the string at all

lol, I know, they actually arent eve clamped down, they just feed through the ends,

freek666 2004-04-22 23:34

daamn, really?

i saw the weirdesest bridge once... it was on an old ibanez.. it was a floyd rose... w/o fine tuners and a locking nut.. wtf, mate? :confused:

BLS 2004-04-23 14:49

yeh in those bridges only the bridge locks, and theirs no need for fine tuner sbecause the nut dosent lock, floyd soon realized he needed the nut to lock for it to stay in perfect tune, but then he needed the fine tuners on the bridge to retune it after you lock the nut.

DeathCS 2004-04-23 17:38

I have a licensed floyd on my washburn. I dont know how good it is and I'm planning on someday upgrading to an action Floyd. How big of a job would that be?

BLS 2004-04-23 22:25

What the hell is an "action" floyd??

DeathCS 2004-04-24 12:36

holy shit, Im an idiot. I ment REAL floyd. I must have been drunk or something.

Slabbefusk 2004-05-12 06:02

I have a bcr bronze warlock with one of those shitty wraparound bridges that suck so much c*ck. Do you think its possible do drill six holes in the body and make it a string thru body guitar?

BLS 2004-05-12 20:22

Yes. But you would need a drill press because its harder to get those holes lined up than you would think. You would also need to purchuse some string ferrules, i say just get a tuneomatic with a tailpeice. It would still require some drilling, and a fairly large drill bit.

CarnalAltar 2004-06-04 17:51

So here's an ignorant question..
Is kahler defunct? Why aren't they on the web anymore?
If they're defunct, what good quality flatmount trems are still made (or should I just look for a Kahler on ebay)?

Thanks..

BLS 2004-06-04 18:22

http://www.forgedclassics.com/ they msotly make golf clubs now but when theirs enough orders placed then they make a run of kahlers and ship them out (this can take long... depends on how many people want them)
$289 bucks for one

Theirs also some guys at projectguitar.com that sell them for cheaper ($199 if bought from rhoads56)

MoonRaven 2004-06-05 02:43

i still say a string thru body w/ a tonepros tuneomatic bridge is the best, you lose a lot of sustain with trems, esp the floyd kinds

Soulinsane 2004-06-05 03:39

I know about those Tune-o-matic bridges that lean forward. Only the ones that have strings that attach to the bottom or back of the tune-o-matic have this problem. The ones that use a stop tail piece or the strings that go through the body are very good. The tune-o-matic bridge and stop tail post are only designed to have have the strings apply force downward into the guitar OR toward the nut, NOT both force directions on one set of post at the same time. B.C. Rich and Epiphone and the only ones that use this bridge right now and it is a very bad design ideal to save a little money. It's very sad.