MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear & Recording (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Official Bridge Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9629)

Soulinsane 2007-03-13 16:30

There isn't that much difference in sound between the brass and steel rollers. Its kinda like the difference between steel and normal nickle frets or steel strings vs normal strings. The steel just has a brighter sound.

Steel rollers are good to use but you have to clean then more often.

ThornsOfHeaven200 2007-03-14 10:06

Alright man, thanks. I still dont know which Kahler trem I'm gonna get on my custom axe, but its gonna be awhile until then anyway, so I still have time to think it through some more.

JOAMdude 2007-05-01 19:56

you know how the OFR has a 10" bridge radius? how did this work for you guys? did you have to readjust it or has it never been a problem

JOAMdude 2007-05-31 21:49

^

the_bleeding 2007-06-01 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
you know how the OFR has a 10" bridge radius? how did this work for you guys? did you have to readjust it or has it never been a problem

i honestly have NO clue what you're talking about.... bridge radius? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

JOAMdude 2007-06-01 17:31

the saddles,
apparently one must shim them to get them to the desired radius

the_bleeding 2007-06-01 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
the saddles,
apparently one must shim them to get them to the desired radius

OOOH fretboard radius. I dont think it will do anything noticeable to the playing. Sure playing floyds is wierd because the strings are further apart, but matching the radius of the fretboard shouldnt matter unless its really drastic.

ThornsOfHeaven200 2007-06-01 23:49

Well for me, i can sorta feel the difference between some fretboard radiuses. One of my guitars is probably about 12" fretboard radius and the other is much flatter (maybe 20"?). After a bit of playing I am adjusted to that radius and can play just fine.

Sycophant 2007-11-28 01:35

I just got this Jackson from eBay, which comes with the Jackson Licensed Floyd. I'm thinking about installing an Original Floyd Rose in its place. Thing is I don't know whether or not I could just swap out the bridges easily, or if I'd need to do some extra routing on the body to fit the OFR. Does anybody out there know?

Mortal_Lament 2007-11-28 07:10

Should be the exact same. You can order different nut sized OFRs, other than that, there shouldn't be any routing. Unless it is a kahler bridge, most of them are pretty generic, which makes them easily swapable

Sycophant 2007-12-07 17:23

I actually dig that Jackson trem, but now my mind's turning over to my Ibanez RG restoration project. Could a OFR fit in a body routed originally for an Ibanez Edge I/II/III/Edge Pro Series? If not I'll just grab an original Edge from eBay.