MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The ULTIMATE Black Metal song? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928)

Wild Child 2002-03-06 18:16

The ULTIMATE Black Metal song?

What is the ultimate black metal song??? i.e. The one that all others are measured by; the one that rules over all others??

I have to go with "Mother North" by Satyricon

Runners-up:

Emperor: With Strength I Burn
Dimmu Borgir: Mourning Palace
Mayhem: Freezing Moon

The Crying Orc 2002-03-06 21:17

Borknagar - The Genuine Pulse.

Wild Child 2002-03-07 15:57

I've never even heard that song before, but I just downloaded it. It's fucking amazing...........!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

The Crying Orc 2002-03-07 18:52

Why?

An-Ri-Na-Sidhe 2002-03-07 18:52

it depends on the style of Black Metal. i mean there is a distinc difference between Darkthrone, Mayhem, Emperor and Cradle Of Filth (yes i would argue they are a BM band at heart).

personally for symphonic Black Metal i would say Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts

for the rawer style of BM i would have to go for Darkthrone - Kathaarian Life Code (will someone PLEASE tab this?)

erm also worth mentioning are Mayhem - Funeral Fog, Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace, Cradle Of Filth - Queen Of Winter Throned, Burzum - Stemmen Fra Taarnet, Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter, Sacramentum - Awaken Chaos, Cruachan - Tain Bo Cuailgne, Gorgoroth - Mooneskyggens Slave

The Crying Orc 2002-03-08 17:00

Cradle of Filth isn't Black Metal. Sorry.

Wild Child 2002-03-08 23:11

Quote:
Why?

- The Crying Orc

Why??? What do you mean exactly?? Why haven't I heard it???? Well, for starters, it was only released less than a year ago...

INVERTED 2002-03-09 01:12

Hypocrisy: Carved Up.

Gorgoroth: Possessed By Satan

Cradle of Filth : To Eve The Art Of Witchcraft, From The album "The Principle of Evil Made Flesh" which sorry if I offend anybody is Black Metal.

The Crying Orc 2002-03-09 01:33

"Gorgoroth: Possessed By Satan"

-I-Gorgoroth-I-

An-Ri-Na-Sidhe 2002-03-09 13:04

just because Cradle are well known doesn't mean they're not Black Metal. OK i'll agree that everything from From The Cradle To Enslave onwards isn't black metal (aside from a few songs) but everything before hand is.

as for Borknagar, i think Empricisim is very much overrated.
of the BM bands i've discovered more recently i think Sacramentum fucking rock!!!

wannabe 2002-03-09 15:37

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crying Orc
Cradle of Filth isn't Black Metal. Sorry.

Where are you living? Last time I checked, they were pretty fuckin' black....

The Crying Orc 2002-03-09 15:37

Oh shut the fuck up,quit sticking up for your cum guzzling Cradle of Filth band. You know they suck.

RomikQ 2002-03-09 18:04

pff just because you don't like CoF, doesn't mean they suck! if that's how it works, then Burzum sucks big fat donkey cock, cause I don't fucking like it.

wannabe 2002-03-09 18:22

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crying Orc
Oh shut the fuck up,quit sticking up for your cum guzzling Cradle of Filth band. You know they suck.

Cum guzzling.......Cradle of Filth........band.....

Wow. It's like you're not even worth an insult.

The Crying Orc 2002-03-10 01:35

Cool,then don't bother wasteing your time.
Have a nice night.:)

holding fears 2002-03-10 10:38

Wait, he's right though, CoF are not black metal, I like CoF and I love black metal, but I know enough to know they aren't black metal, way more commercial, and the music has a different atmosphere in my opinion, but they do have BM roots.

Katham 2002-03-10 11:10

Well, that is not exacly black metal (it's prog death), but it can be an ultimate song anyway...

NEUROSIS - END OF HARVEST

Oh, yeah!!!

The Crying Orc 2002-03-10 14:08

Well,Fears is right. Black Metal roots.
....The money got to them.

Wild Child 2002-03-10 16:11

What about Dimmu Borgir? Do you guys consider them Black Metal?? Cause they have had a shitload of fame, not to mention performances on the Norwegien Grammy Awards, etc.

I just listen to the music and their statements, and I consider them to be Black Metal all the way.

wannabe 2002-03-10 17:51

Cradle of Filth are still as underground as fuck, fellas. They are just so damn awesome, that they get more recognition. So that has what to do with them sounding as "black metal" as any band? I don't see a connection. They didn't stop playing black metal. Their albums are the same. Some just have a little more guitar in them.