MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Look (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9058)

memnoch 2004-01-04 19:35

New Look

Yeah....i'm not really fond of it. I find it confusing and too compact. The old one was straightforward and easy to grasp, i just get lost in this one.

daggerfall 2004-01-04 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch
Yeah....i'm not really fond of it. I find it confusing and too compact. The old one was straightforward and easy to grasp, i just get lost in this one.

Everything is so small :drunk:
I'm not to happy eihter :birthday:

Edit:
I did not mean to quote you by the way :rolleyes:

Raagshinnah 2004-01-04 19:40

and it looks utterly retarded in Opera

Dyldo 2004-01-04 19:54

I'd have to agree. I think if you expanded the width it would get rid of the cluttered feel. The one thing I really do like though is the Main Forum window and the Reply to Thread window. With the Reply to Thread window, I'ts much easier to edit text and such. But I do appriciate the time you dedicated to improve the site.

SpiritCrusher 2004-01-04 19:58

yeah i also find it confusing, but i suppose it's because it's different. it will probably get easier after a while.

by the way, i can't change my avatar anymore...
how come ???

memnoch 2004-01-04 20:00

After spending a bit of time with the new look, it's not so bad anymore. It just looks too overwhelming and confusing at first.......still like the older one better though! :p

memnoch 2004-01-04 20:01

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Just noticed that all you newbs who aren't mods don't have any special name anymore.....except "Registered User". :smash:

CannibalXampire 2004-01-04 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Just noticed that all you newbs who aren't mods don't have any special name anymore.....except "Registered User". :smash:

That's no fair, for once I felt special, what with my Supreme status and all. And now...now look at it. "Registered User" :bawling:

guitar_demon 2004-01-04 20:32

so this is perminent then? this sucks i liked the old way much better guess well just have to get used to it :(
why did nomad change it anyway?

Dissection 2004-01-04 21:00

Yeah, Nomad, i do think this is one of those times where we all have to agree that this is one fuck up we wish you could fix. the other was easy to use. this one is too damn bright. and on big ass monitor, an eyesore.

Nothing personal, nomad. you still rule :D ;)

Dyldo 2004-01-04 21:00

The old look was getting boring. Nomad, I would suggest experimenting with expanding the forum width, that way its not all bunched to gether and it wont give off a confusing look.

Snyper 2004-01-04 22:16

blue and silver doesnt match the green, the green and yellow looked good
and the smilies dont fit on the side and arent getting posted when i click them, maybe just fuck up with my computer
:beer: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: ^^^^wtf they came up but at the end?

BLS 2004-01-04 23:01

Im gonna be honest and say THIS SUCKS its hard as hell to navigate through and none of the color schemes match :sickface:

Father Death 2004-01-04 23:15

i thought it sucked before i saw the reply screen, now this is just horrible...

maybe the tab posting forum will look nicer somehow...

there are some neat little extras though, its not ALL bad, but the overall look and navigation of everything is just not right.

BUT, you do have to keep things fresh, keep moving forward...change is enevitable, if things don't change, there can never be improvement.

coming back...where is the "home" botton?? HOW DO I GET BACK TO THE REAL SITE?!?!?!?!?

even w/some extras, some stuff is gone, like showing the character number in the posting forum...VERY IMPORTANT TOOL...even though only half the people used it...and there are bugs like post number and stuff, but that doesn't matter...

atifman 2004-01-04 23:37

perhaps we can vote on getting the old look back?

my complaint is that some of the font sizes are too big and obnoxious looking, and the width of the posts need to adjusted. the signature font size needs to be smaller than the main post text, definitely

but there are some new features of this new software that are nice, like the "quick links" link at the top.

and another thing, this is a small gripe, is it possible to have the avatar positioned under the name again? now my avatar is weird and useless. :bawling:

Father Death 2004-01-04 23:45

the tab posting forum is screwy too...if you edit your post, or even paste your tab into the box, it looks all fucked up...its fine once you finish creating the thread and post it, but for editing purposes and such afterwards, its just not going to work.

sorry Nomad, maybe we're all jumping the gun here, but we just don't like what happened...i understand and see what you were trying to do though, and the thought is still appreciated...but....... :sickface: as noted by BLS

Gigantic Penis 2004-01-05 00:21

I'm not sure if nomad can change it back completely. If vBulletin updated their service to a certain general look, then isn't that how it has to be?

I really don't know much about it.

Nihilist 2004-01-05 02:18

I'm probably the only one here that likes it. You can easily change the titles to "Supreme Metalhead" and all that crap, but that is if Nomad actually wants to. vB3 obviously has a shitload of new features, I'm liking the change.

Oh, and Memnoch. Didn't you have more than 2,000 posts?

EDIT: Actually.. it seems a few people have lost posts. http://www.metaltabs.com/forum/memb...osts&pp=30&ltr=

DigitalProphecy 2004-01-05 02:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper
blue and silver doesnt match the green

^True, but I second what Nihilist posted.

Def 2004-01-05 04:40

jezus, this shit hurts my eyes :bawling: