MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   just heard cannibal corpse new album (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9034)

!!RaGe!! 2004-01-02 18:50

just heard cannibal corpse new album

well its called The Wretched Spawn. its a mix between Vile and Gore Obssessed i like it sounds pretty brutal its got a couple of proper badass songs on there

raperofchickens 2004-01-02 20:57

I've heard it as well and as rage said it's definitly a mix of the two but i find it better than anything that they have ever done before, well, with George that is.... I only have the first 7 songs and my favorite would have to be Severed Head Stoning and Decency Defied. You can download it on soulseek, www.slsk.org if anyone cares....

Bones98 2004-01-02 22:42

HELL YEAH DUDE! Severed Head Stoning is fucking dope. That shit is fast and brings me back to Cannibal Corpse during Vile also. That song is so old school that it doesn't even have blast beats, lol! I fucking love that song!

raperofchickens 2004-01-04 11:46

Hardly any of the songs from the new cd have any blast beats from what I've heard but that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...

Bones98 2004-01-07 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by raperofchickens
Hardly any of the songs from the new cd have any blast beats from what I've heard but that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...

I thought only Severed Head SToning didn't have any blasts, well thats because that was the only song I heard.

Undying_Hatred 2004-01-08 02:07

Yeah too bad by their next album theyre going to run out of gore-ish names for their songs.

KB_CANS 2004-01-09 16:12

My personal fav is The Bleeding...

i love Butchered at birth.....

Chris barnes shits on everyone...

Eternal_Sorrow 2004-01-14 11:34

Ahhh there new album isn't that great it's just more of tha same old shit!!(not that thas a bad thibg)!!

Also i put the whole album up on the FTP here like almost a month ago!!

johnmansley 2004-03-03 10:46

I just heard Cyanide Assassin off the new album and I have to say that I was rather uninspired by it. I'm thinking back to two years ago and my reaction to hearing Dormant Bodies Bursting on a magazine CD. I was blown away that day and bought Gore Obssessed as soon as it was released. After hearing this new one I think I'll invest in some of their back catalogue before I buy The Wretched Spawn.

Undying_Hatred 2004-03-04 22:52

get the dvd, "Live Cannibalism"

johnmansley 2004-03-05 05:24

I'll check it out but I want to buy Vile and Butchered At Birth first. I probably wont get them for ages though - they're pretty low on my most wanted list at the moment.

Sodomaniac 2004-03-05 09:38

I Have just heard Cyanide Assas from the Wrechted Spawn but it sound good ! I am going to buy me this CD !

MorbidGuitar 2004-03-06 01:03

You heard one song, you heard em all.

Someone should tell these guys to maybe try learning something different instead of playing pretty much same one song over and over on every cd they make with different lyrics....and even those are getting old.

KB_CANS 2004-03-06 02:50

maybe you should die you scum sucking pig!!

yeh you guitarenvy...

not all the songs are the same...its their style...they love it...the fans love it....and you suck.

MorbidGuitar 2004-03-06 03:39

sdf

You must be another one of those loyal CC fan peices of trash.

atifman 2004-03-06 13:01

if you're definition of "same" is what i think it is, I'm sorry to say that it's completely ignorant.

listen to the songs:

[edit] well i was listing the tracks i thought were different, but i realized that i was listing every song on the album.

You should really open your mind guitarenvy, you're missing out one of CC's best albums.

and btw, Gimme one example of a recent Deathmetal release that doesn't have all songs that sound similar to each other.

johnmansley 2004-03-06 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atifman
Gimme one example of a recent Deathmetal release that doesn't have all songs that sound similar to each other.

I suppose Chronozon by Akercocke is pretty varied with their death/black mix. But Atifman's right, every death metal album will have songs that are similar - there's only so much you can do afterall.

And about CC, I only own Gore Obssessed but I think it's a varied album produced within the framework that they helped pioneer. CC can't simply have a song that sounds like Nile, then one that sounds like Suffocation, then one that sounds like Martyr, etc (you know what I mean) just to say they've made a varied album. That would of course be "selling out", as many people put it, since they would have purposefully altered their style to achieve a style that they aren't comfortable with.

BestialWarrior 2004-03-06 13:54

Exactly John and Atifman! No band would be original if you couldn't tell what they're style was. It makes life easier for everyone when they stick to what they like to do. Especially music I've done in the past. The riffs vary a little here and there and once in a while, I'll put some tecnical shit in it, but if you just totally go off playing something different, it's not easy to tell who it is.
:vampire:

PH 2004-03-06 13:59

My opinion of Cannibal Corpse rates about as highly as that of music in that entire genr. There was a radio interview where the CC singer said something along the lines of, "Our album didn't sell so well because of internet piracy". All I could think about saying was, "No, your album didn't sell well because it was a pile of mule shit".

johnmansley 2004-03-06 14:10

BestialWarrior is right, people should stick to what they do best. Look at Metallica. Load is a very diverse album but is it as good as the similar sounding songs off Ride The Lightning? Nope, and you'd struggle to find anyone who does prefer Load to Ride The Lightning. It was too much of a radical departure and while gaining new fans, it alienated the old fans who'd supported them in the early and mid 80's. I'm glad that CC have stuck to their guns and not followed the same route that Metallica have trodden.