MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FTP thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7971)

atifman 2003-09-21 17:42

can i upload Thrice to this thing? some of you nutheads might like it.

Lord Arioch 2003-09-21 17:49

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman

COMMAND:> LIST
ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket
425 Can't open data connection.
ERROR:> File error

what's going on with that? what does it mean?

Are you behind a firewall or trying to connect in PASV?

Nihilist 2003-09-21 18:03

You can either turn off PASV mode in CuteFTP (In the site manager thing, click on "edit" and it'll be on the right), or:

ftp ://username: password@servername.net - Needed spaces there, it fucked up otherwise. Obviously, you'll know what to do.

And yeah, upload Thrice if you want.

atifman 2003-09-21 18:20

ok i got it now, thanks

atifman 2003-09-21 18:29

i'll upload Cannibal Corse - Gallery of Suicide right now, and Death - Sound of Perseverance.

btw, this might be a dumb question, but how scared should we be of the RIAA for this thing?:)

Nihilist 2003-09-21 18:33

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman
btw, this might be a dumb question, but how scared should we be of the RIAA for this thing?:)

I guess there is always that infinitesimal possibility that we would get sued. :(

atifman 2003-09-21 18:47

hey delete the folder "Cannibal Corpse - Gallery Of Suicide"
i thought i'd label it the way you have it set up right now, with Band, then album name, then songs
so that's what i uploaded , the "Cannibal Corpse" folder.
get rid of the folder labeled "Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide", it was never meant to be :o

(damn i'm clumsy today)

Alothrysis 2003-09-21 19:25

Everytime I try to d/l something I get anywhere from 30 to 39 seconds into the transfer and I get the error "426 Connection closed, transfer aborted"? I'm using SmartFTP and have never had this problem in the previous days. Is this a server overload or something? It's Sunday, about 6:30pm mountain standard time here, maybe that will help...

UPDATE: As of three minutes later I can't even begin a d/l now

Alothrysis 2003-09-21 20:21

I don't know what happened but I ended using Download Accelerator and it worked

Nihilist 2003-09-21 20:52

No fucking clue as to what happened there. I have the occasional problem with it, but it's nothing major. At college at the moment, can't connect to port 21 (FTP port). But, I will upload more shit when I get home.

The art of procrastination, my friends. :)

Def 2003-09-22 03:41

Yeah, same here.

I just got back from my weekend stuff, gotta go to school now.

anyways, I promised you Day of Contempt,

but I also bought some other new stuff, 2 Course of Action cd's, the last Dark Day Rising, 2 Deadlock cd's (including the split) , Darkest Hour (Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation), the new Faust Again and Aclys.

its all metalcore kinda stuff, I've allready ripped all those cds as mp3, so when I get home this evening I'll upload a bunch of cds.

sanderinos 2003-09-22 05:11

Sorry for being a major idiot.... but what is the adres and pass?

Def 2003-09-22 12:42

uploading Deadlock and Course of Action now!

its gonna take a while, so check up a while later and they should be up.

peace.

sanderinos 2003-09-22 15:09

Thanks Nihilist! Ill upload at school... got a better upload than at home

sanderinos 2003-09-22 15:11

Any requests? Im your black/viking/folk/death metal man!

Alothrysis 2003-09-22 15:28

Well perhaps I'll learn from this before I burn a cd next time; The Dying Fetus that I believe Nihilist uploaded, all of the tracks except for 1 and 3 cut off the end of the song. I'm not sure by how much though...

Def 2003-09-22 15:51

Deadlock and Course of Action are both up.

I uploaded the Deadlock split and a bunch of COA songs for you guys to check out, lemme know whatcha think.

PantericA 2003-09-22 18:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Nihilist
@sanderinos, I'll PM you one.

please do the same for me.

Alothrysis 2003-09-22 23:00

Is there any other Corpse that anyone wants? I've got them all and I figure I'd ask since Gallery is already up.

I'm uploading Destruction - The Antichrist a little bit later

Dyldo 2003-09-22 23:54

Quote:
Originally posted by Alothrysis
Does the cd disappoint you or is it because it's the only one you have? If so, I have Close to a World Below if you'd like

The "smilie" wasn't indended to represent satisfaction or dissapointment. It was an unholy smilie to make your spine shiver with evil.

Actually the CD isn't blasphemous at all which may be antithetical to the album's name.