MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A simple Inquiry (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678)

walpurgis 2002-01-14 17:22

A simple Inquiry

I was just wondering...I have a bitch of a tiime doing it usually, but do you guys ever write a song wholly off of the bass part? Like writing the bass line, then fitting the guitar and lyrics and everything in with that? I've found that unless I'm just jamming out 12 bar shit, I can't really do it...

RomikQ 2002-01-14 18:35

since I don't have a band cause nobody i know polays something and likes metal, that is the way I come up with most my songs. I just kinda jam, find cool riffs, then add more, etc.,etc:drunk:

Katham 2002-01-15 10:02

Well, all songs of D.A.L. is bass-based... (we have 2 bassists (4 and 7 strings), and no giutarists, hehe... The 7-strings bassist has a cool Roscoe SKB3007...)

Anyways, the really bass-driven songs I wrote to my bands -
White Section - Color Changing World
Black Section - No Origin
Black Section - basically every song on our first two demotapes.

I don't remember any more...

Wizard 2002-01-29 23:58

i write on the guitar first then put the bass parts to it. some times i write the lyrics first then guitar, bass. it depends on the mood and the amount of jack daniels i consume as to what order i write.:drunk: anyway it all comes out evil!!!:vampire:

MetalPoldi 2002-11-30 20:45

In my ex-band we had a quite good drummer. He played something and i jammed to it.
We created some songs with this jamming.
It was really fun. There was no pressure to create a song and you just played in the same rhtyhm as the drummer and after a while the guitarists found a good riff, too.

ChileanMetal 2002-12-13 22:24

yeah, Metalpoldi is right, just find a good drumer, tell him to play any way and they you play anything, at the begining it sucks, but after a while it start to sound prety good, just try everything you know

walpurgis 2002-12-13 22:29

Well, I do nt' really have a drummer, or a band for that matter, lol.

ChileanMetal 2002-12-13 22:38

then you are a little fuck up i think, but you can also do it alone, but remember to create something new, we dont need another band that do the same stuff that everyone

Def 2002-12-14 08:47

yeah, we've got a pretty ok drummer, I come up with basslines most of the time and our guitarist start improvising and we just find a good riff, sometimes I change the bassline afterwards but we start of with basslines and drumgrooves most of the time.. pretty weird but it works for us on most songs.

Tattered 2002-12-14 13:15

thats the problem with my bass technique i cant just sit there and create a bass line..i just cant do it..i end up playing other bands bass lines..

se7enth joker 2003-02-08 17:29

thats how i use to play, but rifts can just come to you, and the whole jamming with a drummer thing works great for rifts

:beer:

Def 2003-02-08 17:55

True, I don't know,

I just sit around in my room playing bass for 2 hours improvising my ass off and writing down the kickass stuff...

some people can't do it, I dunno why, but it's just a matter of constant improvising and thinking ahead, just think 'what kinda riff do I want?' and play it, lol, and from there on improvise it, that's the way I've done it for a long time now and it works fine for me.

se7enth joker 2003-02-08 20:08

Quote:
Originally posted by *Def-Fx*

some people can't do it, I dunno why, but it's just a matter of constant improvising and thinking ahead, just think 'what kinda riff do I want?' and play it, lol, and from there on improvise it, that's the way I've done it for a long time now and it works fine for me.

well put, thats exactly it.

:beer:

Rattlehead 2003-02-20 12:39

The main problem my band has is finding riffs that go good together. For one part of the song we go through like 6 different possible riff combinations until every member is satisfied with the sound and is'nt just playing some simple cliché riffs.

pure_0xygen 2003-05-01 15:24

I usually get tatter3d to get the funky bass line ... he's good ... hire him. Just Jam along then we got something to be proud off .... Phunk Metal .. aha. So lame

pure_0xygen 2003-05-01 15:28

I usually get tatter3d to get the funky bass line ... he's good ... hire him. Just Jam along then we got something to be proud off .... Phunk Metal .. haha. We never had drums :(