MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poetry Lyrical (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Last Call (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673)

memnoch 2002-01-12 02:08

Last Call
 
I just wrote this about 10 minutes ago. Got the inspiration from a Crowbar song title "No Quarter". Don't judge too harshly on my vocabulary.....it's a guy talking to himself who's depressed out of his mind....so the vocab doesn't matter too much to him.

Anyways......enjoy! :)

Last Call (Scott McConnery, January 2002)

I canít take this anymore
I canít put her through this again
She deserves more than I can give her
I canít offer anything but a release from this.

Just one more drink
Before I finish all of this
Set down my glass
Pick up the receiver for my last call.

Answering machine picks up
What can I say? What do I tell her?
Tears drown my face
Gasping for air, I can barely even speak.

ďHi sweetheart,
I just wanted to tell you
That I love you with all my heart and soul
And that Iíll miss you dearly.Ē

Hang up the phone
I pray for her to be all right
At least I wonít be there
Sheíll be set free finally.

From the vial into my glass
Falls a substance of death
The easiest way to go
The fastest way to die.

Take my last breath
Take my last sip
Shed a final tear
And watch the stars slowly fade away

walpurgis 2002-01-12 02:45

Actually gave me a little of a chill...well written memnoch.

memnoch 2002-01-12 03:29

hehe, i was going for that kinda feel.......thanks.:)

memnoch 2002-01-12 15:33

Just to give an idea of how this would sound with music......i imagine this song having a slow, melodic acoustic guitar riff playing sad chords underneath the majority of the song. Also having a lead electric guitar peaking in at certain moments (maybe in between verses or something) to give a little extra feel to the song.

Father Death 2002-01-18 19:02

MOST DEAD?!?!?!

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOO0000000o0o0o0o?!?!?!?!?!?

memnoch 2002-01-19 00:33

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Death
MOST DEAD?!?!?!

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOO0000000o0o0o0o?!?!?!?!?!?


w00t!! Dead rules! <dead corpse smiley>

OpethRules 2002-06-09 22:00

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Just to give an idea of how this would sound with music......i imagine this song having a slow, melodic acoustic guitar riff playing sad chords underneath the majority of the song. Also having a lead electric guitar peaking in at certain moments (maybe in between verses or something) to give a little extra feel to the song.


Man, I think this song is great. It's sort of like u go see a movie, and then someone sums it up in a paragraph for a review...see what im saying? You kind of sum up an event....that's very cool! I picture the music being light, and then progressively getting heavier, and right before u die in the song....u break b4 the last stanza and the music gets extremely heavy.....make sense?

Awesome job man.

memnoch 2002-06-09 22:05

Yeah....thanks man.

Not sure what way i'm gonna go for music on this one. I haven't written anything yet for it.....actually i kind of forgot it existed until tonight.....but i'll see what i can come up with soon.....i always try to take whatever feelings the song gives me, then put that into the music.....or vice versa, if i wrote music first.

OpethRules 2002-06-09 22:08

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Yeah....thanks man.

Not sure what way i'm gonna go for music on this one. I haven't written anything yet for it.....actually i kind of forgot it existed until tonight.....but i'll see what i can come up with soon.....i always try to take whatever feelings the song gives me, then put that into the music.....or vice versa, if i wrote music first.


Yeah man, there's so many different ways you could go here for the music. I personally see it as I said, with it starting light, and then getting heavier, and right b4 the person dies the song reaches its climax musically and all hell breaks loose on guitar.....but that's just my opinion. It doesnt mean shit, its your song. Let me know what u end up doing though! I'd love to hear what u do with it, if u get the chance.

Machinegunman 2002-06-11 13:52

it starts like some nu metal boy band lyrics.:D
linking park stuff or so... sorry

memnoch 2002-06-11 15:06

Put yourself in his shoes......maybe you'll think differently.

Like i previously stated, i wasn't going for grammy winning academy award on vocabulary perfection......this is a guy who leads a fucked up life and can't put his wife through it anymore.

On your death bed, are you going to be picky about how you choose your words to whomever you're speaking too? I won't.

OpethRules 2002-06-11 18:42

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Put yourself in his shoes......maybe you'll think differently.

Like i previously stated, i wasn't going for grammy winning academy award on vocabulary perfection..


haha, that's great:D

Def 2002-06-12 05:03

pretty cool....

kinda gave me some chills

it doesn't sound like linkin park to me..

Lord Arioch 2002-06-12 07:10

Man I can watch the movie shooting through my head

OpethRules 2002-06-12 08:57

Quote:
Originally posted by *Def-Fx*
pretty cool....

kinda gave me some chills

it doesn't sound like linkin park to me..


Me neither.

Rooster 2002-06-12 09:17

I thought it kicked some Linkin Park booty, definitly well written considering the circumstances under which it takes place. I think "No Quater" is a Led Zepplin song though, check the credits on the crobar insert, 'cause i maybe wrong, could just have the same title. definitly though- that song doesn't even come close to nu-metal, (unless nu-metal guys wrote songs about suicide, which they don't 'cause they want to concentrate on songs about how their daddy beat them when they were little and how every one should should feel sorry for them-"boo hoo hoo, i'm rich, my life sucks"!) (sorry)

it's a bad ass song man!


:uzi: staind

:flame: linkin park

those fuckers can burn in hell

memnoch 2002-06-12 11:44

Hehe, thanks guys.

"No Quarter" is a Crowbar song......it might be a cover of Zeppelin though......but i doubt it, the song sounds nothing like Zeppelin style. It really sounds like it's made originally by Crowbar.

OpethRules 2002-06-12 12:03

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Hehe, thanks guys.

"No Quarter" is a Crowbar song......it might be a cover of Zeppelin though......but i doubt it, the song sounds nothing like Zeppelin style. It really sounds like it's made originally by Crowbar.


Zeppelin did indeed write "No Quarter" I have all the Zeppelin albums, and this I am sure.

memnoch 2002-06-12 12:08

Well then it's probably a coincidence that both have the same name.

OpethRules 2002-06-12 12:09

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Well then it's probably a coincidence that both have the same name.


Maybe:rolleyes:

sorry, just had to do that, Slaytaniac would be proud.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:22.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.