MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What can we do to bring this place back? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57128)

Nihilist 2013-08-10 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Funny how this thread drew out a whole bunch of old regs. Sort of like the opening to a zombie flick.

I've been lurking for years. I only hit the post button when I want to see the 15-year-old smilies.

Dyldo 2013-08-12 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Fuck you!

Quote:
Heh, yeah, I actually learned playing the guitar using tabs from this here site.

Haha yeah same here.

Amadeus 2013-08-12 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
I've been lurking for years. I only hit the post button when I want to see the 15-year-old smilies.

I would never have thought it possible to create creepy innuendos about emoticons.

FearFrost 2013-09-12 22:43

I stomp back to the green once and a blue moon for shits.

I work in northen alberta and live in HFX still (aka i fly across canada and work for 14 strait days), and when im home for my 7 days off im busy as fuck running around.

looking back i have level'd up my guitar skills from this place, made some good friends, and most likely a few enemies haha

Dystopia 2013-09-13 06:18

Quote:
I would never have thought it possible to create creepy innuendos about emoticons.

A Murderface smiley would be appropriate for this place, and it wouldn't look like a smile.

L,B'XXX 2013-09-19 15:03

:behead: That's kinda murdery.

Amadeus 2013-09-19 15:55

Not enough lisp. Or piss.

tao|2cs 2013-09-19 20:08

it seems pretty much deserted to me...

spewin. cos i just wrote my first ever tab a coupla months ago, and was all excited to put it up in the pending forum [until it got reformatted and fucked it up] but there doesn't seem to be anyone here to even say "hey idiot you can put slidedowns in like this..." makes sense that ppl get older and busier but there should be some new blood comin in yeah?

Nihilist 2013-09-23 09:47

Quote:

hahaha! whoops...

Cunty Shunt 2013-10-09 17:49

I kinda dwindled down on posting when the big ban on a bunch of tabs happened years ago. I come back and read things every once in awhile, but rarely ever post.

timedragon 2014-02-16 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
MSN

Hah. Those were the days. That messenger doesn't even exist anymore, right? Shame, it was the best. Just about every contact I frequently chatted with on there were people I met on here. Hmm, kinda sad. I owe a lot to this site as almost a "social network" of sorts. For what I got out of it anyway. A few of you know but for those who don't, I was actually engaged to a member of this forum for years. Met here. All things considered, It's almost certain that if not for metaltabs I would have never traveled to Italy. (...5 times, :cool: )

Def 2014-02-18 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I remember looking forward to the next tab that was going to be posted. There just seemed to be a lot of excellent tabbers back in the day and it was great seeing which song would be figured out next. Not so much of that any more, particularly as those tabbers - myself included - enter real life and no longer have the time or inclination to sit there for a week figuring out Nile or Cryptopsy.

Great days :beer:

Yes. This.

Real life caught us. 40 hour work weeks, girls/females/gilfs, this and that.

That drew a lot of contributors away. Plus metal is mostly dead. In about 20-40 years we'll be the old fucks grabbing a vinyl copy of 'cowboys from hell' and telling our grandkids that 'this was the time they still made real music'.

Ofcourse they'll be shocked, running away with their ears bleeding. Leaving us with a grin. ;) I salute you, metalheads! :beer:

Amadeus 2014-02-19 03:56

Metal - music for the aged, or music for the ages? Funny thing is, I dunno how it looks where you are, but where I live metal has kind of taken the same position as classical music. That is, it's a rather small and select group, but there's a constant influx of young uns' who actually get into the whole history from Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and onwards. Hell, just at my university we have a group dedicated to arranging a few metal parties each semester, and while it's not a huge gang we've never had trouble getting enough new members to keep the ball rolling.

YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD 2014-02-19 19:42

Does anyone actually own a copy of Transient's band's demo?

L,B'XXX 2014-02-25 18:27

Anybody need Magic the Gathering cards? :p

I think every genre since caveman days has been told that musical styles will fade eventually, but now there's even a rebirth of cajons, you know? Metal will probably be like prog, and only the most intellectual old-timers will listen to it as a majority, but they'll be the ones that pass it on to the younger members of society so it hangs around for a very long time.

johnmansley 2014-03-04 03:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Does anyone actually own a copy of Transient's band's demo?

No but Dyldo's band, Deadhead Roses, are on Spotify. I'm actually listening to their debut now.

BassBehemoth 2014-03-07 21:05

Crowned : Live at Budokan in my walkman..

xgrafcorex 2014-03-08 09:15

I have Crowned songs on my computer. Can't remember how I downloaded them though.

Junkyard_God 2014-03-08 16:37

my idea: Bia noodz (that isn't her nipple piercing)

Dyldo 2014-03-13 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
No but Dyldo's band, Deadhead Roses, are on Spotify. I'm actually listening to their debut now.

:D

I'm gunna release and electronic album this year. Here's a music video for one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpmJ7dbaKLo. I know you want to see me half naked rolling around in mud eating crickets.