MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What can we do to bring this place back? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57128)

Dyldo 2013-08-02 15:55

The copyright thing I think definitely had something to do with it. We only scared off the annoying people who had flame similes after every post. Fuck them.

Paddy was locked up for impregnating some Duchess 9 or 10 months ago.

L,B'XXX 2013-08-02 16:20

Paddy's running for Minister of Silly Walks. He's still doing a few tabs and occasionally commenting on the craziness in his country, but I haven't talked to him in awhile. I think the last time I had a computer problem he tilted and had mental overload. :) I do that to people sometimes.

I think the copyright thing may have had a little to do with the slow down, but a lot are just getting older and moving on to other real life stuff so they aren't on here as much. I talk to several mt-ers and tc-ers on FB, but I sometimes I really miss the forums.

Nihilist 2013-08-03 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Looking back, this place was kinda hilariously overmodded. That said, it seems like it became a ghost town after some of the more overzealous mods (myself included) started to drift off and leave the place untended, probably for the same reason we did. It just didn't seem important anymore.

Don't think there's any coming back.

Yep. Pretty much this.

Have a nice life, assholes.

xgrafcorex 2013-08-03 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Honestly, if this place would let this place thrive in political arguments and multiple threads on the same topic, maybe then we could try to save the world, but I don't know if there's much we can do about this forum shit.

Well now it seems there is very little mod interference, mainly because there is not much to moderate, so I would think you could start posting whatever really.

2013 Tabbies
Where are they now? Everyone

Nihilist 2013-08-03 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
flame similes

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Dystopia 2013-08-03 22:58

Watching Faces of Death, first one. I used to just try to watch snippets, for the gore, but now I'm viewing the film to gain perspective like the guy says in the beginning... as well as see pictures of gore.

johnmansley 2013-08-05 05:56

I remember looking forward to the next tab that was going to be posted. There just seemed to be a lot of excellent tabbers back in the day and it was great seeing which song would be figured out next. Not so much of that any more, particularly as those tabbers - myself included - enter real life and no longer have the time or inclination to sit there for a week figuring out Nile or Cryptopsy.

Great days :beer:

Amadeus 2013-08-05 12:23

Heh, yeah, I actually learned playing the guitar using tabs from this here site.

L,B'XXX 2013-08-05 15:59

Some of the mods made me more hard nosed about criticism even though I knew they weren't as bad as they let on. Sort of like Gordon Ramsey or Simon Cowell. lol I'll give them a little credit for me singing in public. I wish I'd started years ago.

Nihilist 2013-08-05 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I remember looking forward to the next tab that was going to be posted. There just seemed to be a lot of excellent tabbers back in the day and it was great seeing which song would be figured out next. Not so much of that any more, particularly as those tabbers - myself included - enter real life and no longer have the time or inclination to sit there for a week figuring out Nile or Cryptopsy.

Great days :beer:

ahh.. your Nile tabs were ridiculous.

johnmansley 2013-08-06 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
ahh.. your Nile tabs were ridiculous.

I wish I had the time to properly correct them!

xgrafcorex 2013-08-07 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I wish I had the time to properly correct them!

I wasn't tabbing anything quite that fast, more along the lines of Impaled; but it's been a few years since I've sat down to tab anything out.

L,B'XXX 2013-08-07 17:47

I still can't figure out those damn things. I learned to read those eggs with flags on some of them.

xgrafcorex 2013-08-08 03:43

Eggs with flags on them? :confused:

L,B'XXX 2013-08-08 09:59

Musical notation.

Soulinsane 2013-08-08 13:28

I'm up to my nuts in repairs. Between that and being lazy I got no time. I still lurk around awaiting the perfect moment for my hostile takeover.

timedragon 2013-08-08 21:32

Cheers? :beer:

*ahem*

BassBehemoth 2013-08-09 15:49

haha, seems like most of us still lurk back here..but yes, I think it was less the mods(bunch of gheys anyways) and more the legal tabbing BS issue. Also, we grew up and have jobs/careers! I started at this site as a drug-induced high school drop out, now I'm a drug-free(well..rec drugs lol!), gym-obsessed plumber. :D

I added you on FB graf, anyone else PM me, lots of us have FB!

estringrev 2013-08-09 21:32

If some one is willing to cough up a few million then I'm sure there are things that could be done.

Amadeus 2013-08-10 16:21

Funny how this thread drew out a whole bunch of old regs. Sort of like the opening to a zombie flick.