MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What can we do to bring this place back? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57128)

xgrafcorex 2013-07-20 04:11

What can we do to bring this place back?

Seems enough of the old regulars (old as far as I'm concerned..not sure about those that left before me) still stop in from time to time. So what has changed? People busy with work? Not listening to metal? I myself have started listening to a lot of different shit I didn't listen to before. There is still a Cephalic Carnage CD in my car stereo though. (no mp3 player hook up unfortunately)

Admittedly, I also stopped coming here for a little bit but once everything in my life settled down, I checked in to find only a handful of new posts in a long time. Lately I've posted here and there then come back every other day or so to see if anyone else is here but a lot of times it's still the same as when I left.

I guess I have no good ideas about the subject, but figured I'd post so others would see it and maybe see it and come back or at least have some idea.

:beer:

xgrafcorex 2013-07-21 01:38

Hah was drinking last night when I posted this. It is strange that this place is dead now.

Amadeus 2013-07-21 10:24

'Tis the way it goes. Anyway, just wanted to give kudos for what may well be the most coherent and relevant drunk post I have ever seen.

L,B'XXX 2013-07-21 21:24

I have to agree with Amadeus. Your post looked sober.

The blue screen I hung out at in addition to this is about the same, but I think there's more frequent posts here. I'm glad they're both around since people do check in now and then. Old friends are the best ones. I do miss the crazy days on here though.

xgrafcorex 2013-07-21 23:50

hah Thanks. I posted that at 5 am after drinking a bunch of beer and vodka. :beer2:

L,B'XXX 2013-07-24 06:00

And you survived to tell about it? Far out. :D

xgrafcorex 2013-07-24 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
figured I'd post so others would see it and maybe see it and come back or at least have some idea.

I guess repeating see it is the only hint. :homer:

VictorDoom 2013-07-25 07:07

ive been lurking on this site for a long time until i had to make an account to ask about what was going on with the 502 errors.. i dont know why its so desolate now.

im not sure where or how people can start to bring it back, probably a good idea to start posting more tabs and trying to get it to the first pages of google search i guess?

Pr0az 2013-07-25 21:36

A lot of the old forums I use to visit are dead now. One hasn't had a new post since 2011.

drawn&quartered 2013-07-26 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
A lot of the old forums I use to visit are dead now. One hasn't had a new post since 2011.

It's probably because of imageboards like 4chan or reddit where it is a lot easier to discuss topics on almost everything. I can't elaborate too much more because my brain feels fried from pt.

Dystopia 2013-07-28 21:58

Hey Drawn&1/4'd: Have you ever been to Trailside Saloon on 104th/Colorado Blvd, in Thornton?

___

Honestly, if this place would let this place thrive in political arguments and multiple threads on the same topic, maybe then we could try to save the world, but I don't know if there's much we can do about this forum shit.

drawn&quartered 2013-07-29 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Hey Drawn&1/4'd: Have you ever been to Trailside Saloon on 104th/Colorado Blvd, in Thornton?

Nope, haven't really hung around Thornton much.

johnmansley 2013-07-30 02:33

I still check in every now and then; but yeah, life just seems to get in the way.

BassBehemoth 2013-08-01 10:48

Facebook has a lot of MT regulars..PM me if you want to add me!

Requiem 2013-08-01 19:21

Honestly dont think the death of this site was the copywrite issue but rather the mods scaring members off both new and veterans.

I still chime in from time to time. Seems Paddy's departure was sort of the last leg.

drawn&quartered 2013-08-01 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Honestly dont think the death of this site was the copywrite issue but rather the mods scaring members off both new and veterans.

I still chime in from time to time. Seems Paddy's departure was sort of the last leg.

What happened to him? I missed the whole thing.

Requiem 2013-08-01 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
What happened to him? I missed the whole thing.

Not certain. Just know him and dyldo seemed to dissapear almost coexistantly.

I used to have everyone on my MSN, havent logged on there in close to 4 years I think. fuggn Facebook

PST 88 2013-08-01 22:27

Looking back, this place was kinda hilariously overmodded. That said, it seems like it became a ghost town after some of the more overzealous mods (myself included) started to drift off and leave the place untended, probably for the same reason we did. It just didn't seem important anymore.

Don't think there's any coming back.

Chris Rezendes 2013-08-02 10:24

I don't know. The die-off was very gradual and did seem to start happening around the time of whole copyright nonsense.

The straw that broke the camel's back did seem to be Paddy fucking off, however. You should never lament the departure of an Irishman, but I do nonetheless.

Amadeus 2013-08-02 14:58

The Irishman was indeed a breath of, not fresh air, but some type of very noticeable gas. Kept everyone on their toes.