MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RTT #180: It Rubs the Potion on its Djinn (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57050)

Dyldo 2012-11-23 15:40

I've never been that crazy about Thanksgiving food. My mother made a pretty good stuffing this year though with roasted pecans, bacon, and sausage.

Amadeus 2012-11-23 15:42

In the meantime, I've been studying these strange rituals of the people across the sea. You Mericans weird.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...ets-talk-turkey

Gomli 2012-11-26 15:55

What a cool week I had:

Thursday I saw Meshuggah and Decapitated after eating at an awesome restaurant in Hamburg

Sunday I got to see Opeth (they played an old school set, wonderful) and Anathema(never really listened to them but geez that was a cool show) FOR FREE because one of my buddys works at a local newspaper and gets free tickets for almost every show in Hamburg.

And tomorrow I'm gonna see Die Toten Hosen.

December is also full of cool concerts.

1st December Sodium and Nervöus in Lübeck
5th December Katatonia and ALCEST (OMFG) in Hamburg
8th December Words of Concrete and some othe bullshit beatdown stuff in Hamburg
14th December KREATOR, MORBID ANGEL (special old school set!!!), NILE and Fueled by Fire.
I'm so fuckin stoked.

Dyldo 2012-11-26 18:00

Whoa Meshuggah and Decap are still touring? I saw them like 4 months ago. Ex bought me tickets, it was a great show. I remember a few years before that I went to see them and another ex was there but she got kicked out for being too drunk or something. I don't remember. I remember going to a Pig Destroyer show with her once and she was so stupidly wasted she asked the people in front of us - a son and father (don't ask me why they were there, they obviously just ruled) - for coke. That girl was a mess. Apparently she's homeless now.

I'm glad you're having a good few months Gomli. Did you know you can suck my skinny fucking pecker? If you didn't you can anyway :D

Am I gay for liking Amesoerus?

Chris Rezendes 2012-11-26 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I've never been that crazy about Thanksgiving food. My mother made a pretty good stuffing this year though with roasted pecans, bacon, and sausage.

You're fucking crazy, Dylsap. Stuffing and potatoes alone put about 4 pounds around my midsection. I'm not crazy about turkey, though. I already eat turkey like 3 or 4 times a week. Thanksgiving is all about linguica stuffing, mashed potatoes, whatever pasta my brother makes, and whatever pie I can get my grubby fucking hands on.

Dyldo 2012-11-27 21:50

I like stuffing and potatoes! And turkey is boring, even the dark meat. If I had awesome pasta I'm sure I'd be more thrilled.

L,B'XXX 2012-11-28 03:51

Well, we had Thanksgiving at Bob's and his fiance is a terrific cook. Along with the traditional turkey and all that, I ate pumpkin, mom's apple, and cherry pie plus banana trifle. Good stuff. I like turkey quite a bit, but she made ham, too, so I had both. Yup, I like my food.

Also, hubby asked me this morning if he gave me a piece of mail yesterday to which I replied, no. I asked who it was from. He hesitated and said it was foreign so I asked from where. He said he thought it said something about North Ireland and told me I better open it behind our barn. So if I don't show up later one you guys will know why. I know you're so hoping I have a pond behind my barn in a few. :P

L,B'XXX 2012-11-28 04:00

hehe There was mention of a Holy Hand Grenade, but that's all. :)

Amadeus 2012-11-28 05:03

The internet does strange things to your social circle, doesn't it.

L,B'XXX 2012-11-28 11:58

Yeah, it does. Great, isn't it? :D

Amadeus 2012-11-28 18:34

It's true life would be hard to imagine without some of you... entities... out there. :love:

Getting prepped to announce my next show. It's kind of a surreal feeling. At the same time as I'm writing a piece presenting, for example, orbital dynamics to people who've never studied physics beyond elementary school, I'm doing preliminary work for my master's thesis in the same field. This jumping between the basic concepts seen for the first time and hardcore Matlab coding is sorta dizzying.

drawn&quartered 2012-11-30 12:16

Jumping out of planes next week. I'm going to keep repeating that to people and eventually everyone will think I'm so cool and I will get laid.

L,B'XXX 2012-12-01 14:27

My husband did that once in the Navy. Then he wondered why anyone would ever jump out of a perfectly good airplane and never did it again.
Stay safe! And watch your knees.

L,B'XXX 2012-12-01 14:32

And you still won't get laid. lol

OH F Y YOU 120sec RULE!!!

Chris Rezendes 2012-12-01 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Jumping out of planes next week. I'm going to keep repeating that to people and eventually everyone will think I'm so cool and I will get laid.

I already have a chub chub, so you're halfway there buddy!

L,B'XXX 2012-12-02 14:11

Solo next week at church. Choir director asked me to. :)

Pr0az 2012-12-09 23:06

Bump!

Amadeus 2012-12-10 14:07

Awake for thirty hours straight, driven six hundred kilometers, attended robot seminar, finished two assignments in numerical methods, performed customer service with a malfunctioning log-in, studied for space vehicle systems exam, checked off some minor preparations for upcoming show. Slightly twitchy.

AAAAAAAAH...

Dyldo 2012-12-10 16:22

You had an exam on "Space Vehicle Systems"? That is awesome. What are you stuyding?

Amadeus 2012-12-11 11:11

Exam next Monday. I'm heading for a master's degree in space technology, specialization in orbital and attitude mechanics. However, with the exam next Monday, oral exam in atmospheric physics this Friday and one assignment each left in attitude mechanics and numerical methods before christmas I feel more like I'm heading for absolute batshit insanity.