MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RTT #180: It Rubs the Potion on its Djinn (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57050)

estringrev 2012-11-08 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
You know, estringrev, there is beauty in that mental image.

It really doesn't get much better!

JoeYngVai 2012-11-08 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
I'm sitting here with a bottle of whiskEy, waiting for the results of the us elections.
If Romney wins I'll drink the whole bottle and will probably die.
If Brobama wins I'll drink one glass and will get to sleep asap (it'll be around 7am here when the results are safe)

IT'S IN YOUR HANDS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH ME!

Edit: I haven't even mentioned what brand I got with me. This is a delightful and highly enjoyable whiskEy called "Connemara" which is a peated single malt whiskEy which taste is described with "the smell of a chimney with a hint of dry leather". Fuckin' A+

Edit2: A jolly good night to all of you. :love:

Glad you're okay :P

Pussy Fucker. that is as far as my dirty mind got.

Amadeus 2012-11-08 14:11

I swear Joe, you're just one big teddy bear.

drawn&quartered 2012-11-15 08:51

Just graduated infantry school homos. It's been 4 months too long without this fucking forum.

Dyldo 2012-11-15 10:34

You've been gone for 4 months?

drawn&quartered 2012-11-15 11:03

Well, 3 and a half.

Chris Rezendes 2012-11-16 00:48

I just got my jungle carpet python to eat a rat and I'm stoked. I know this is meaningless information, but that's exactly what the RTT needs; pointless shit, and since I'm excited about it, you're ALL GOING TO FUCKING HEAR IT.

It's only notable because this particular subspecies of snake often has an annoying habit of refusing rats as a food item. This in turn means, when the snake inevitably grows to 6-7+ feet, you're feeding it 6-8 mice in a single, obscenely expensive and temporally inefficient meal instead of just one reasonably sized rat. For future Chris, this is even better news than switching to Geico.

L,B'XXX 2012-11-16 09:21

Chris, did you hear about the woman who got into her bed in her hotel room and felt pain in her foot? She had a python attached to her heel and they had to beat it to get it off her. It sounds like a terrifying experience. How the heck did it get there?

d'q' - So do you feel all edjamacated n stuff? Thanks for your service.

BassBehemoth 2012-11-16 20:52

Sup G's.

drawn&quartered 2012-11-17 04:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

d'q' - So do you feel all edjamacated n stuff? Thanks for your service.

I actually feel lost as shit now that I am out of basic.

Chris Rezendes 2012-11-17 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Chris, did you hear about the woman who got into her bed in her hotel room and felt pain in her foot? She had a python attached to her heel and they had to beat it to get it off her. It sounds like a terrifying experience. How the heck did it get there?

Nah, I mean, I read weird snake stories now and again but I don't make it a habit to follow sensationalist news reports about these things.

blitz906 2012-11-18 19:52

Oh holy shit, they released a preview of the upcoming Devourment album :eek: It sounds so brutal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRk1BN2OC0

Gomli 2012-11-19 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
I actually feel lost as shit now that I am out of basic.

Attack Israel.

And fuck yeah Devourment :love:

JoeYngVai 2012-11-19 11:41

I don't believe anything that any of you are saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
I swear Joe, you're just one big teddy bear.

that is true, though ^

In recent news: it is hard to make money in music. wait... recent news?? I knew I had this coming! Even when I get work... the money seems to be absent. Right after college I was actually making money writing music, but now I'm back in a slump because my partner and I got kicked off of a feature film we were scoring. Don't trust producers, people.

Now I'm back to sending out a million emails and submitting music to websites that I hope will use my shit. The good thing about being part of a company that makes trailer music is that the more music you write, the better your chances are of your music being used. I think this will become my new strategy.

First person to talk about their music career gets a big, sloppy kiss and a scat job from your truly. Except for Paddy.

Dyldo 2012-11-20 12:17

I have been applying a lot to do sound design at video game companies. Nothing yet. I've pretty much forgotten about equated money with music which is nice. I'd much rather make music as an expression of whatever I have than as a job.

Please hire me.

JoeYngVai 2012-11-20 15:24

Yea the ultimate goal is, of course, to make money doing what you love. I've been asking people about music in video games but haven't gotten anywhere. Asking composers doesn't really help, because they are not going to let you have their job. My friend emailed Garry Schyman (Bioshock series) because we did some score printing work for him not too long ago and his advice was just to keep networking... lol. Not too useful since that is why we reached out to him in the first place.

Anyway... what have you been doing to make money on the side? Is it at all sound/music related? Even trying to find a part time side job is difficult because my resume is all music!! haha. damnit. I think I'll just have to keep on pushing until something comes up... and apply EARLY for seasonal jobs. I swear I will hook you up one day, Dylan, in hopes that you or somebody else will do the same once they strike gold haha.

drawn&quartered 2012-11-21 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Attack Israel.

And fuck yeah Devourment :love:

yeah, I wish they would tell us something about that. and listening to metal has never been so great after no music for a few months. holy crap :vampire:

L,B'XXX 2012-11-22 08:11

For over a month now I've been co-praise music leader at my church. No monetary pay, but I'm singing in front of people which is cool and scary at the same time. I've only had to do it alone once, but I survived it. Hey, I've got a forgiving boss so it's all good. :) I've also written and read for a couple services. Thanks for helping me with my confidence.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkeys. XXX

Dyldo 2012-11-22 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Yea the ultimate goal is, of course, to make money doing what you love. I've been asking people about music in video games but haven't gotten anywhere. Asking composers doesn't really help, because they are not going to let you have their job. My friend emailed Garry Schyman (Bioshock series) because we did some score printing work for him not too long ago and his advice was just to keep networking... lol. Not too useful since that is why we reached out to him in the first place.
At least you made it far enough to talk to him! I've had pretty much the same experience when trying to make contacts "just make contacts" - asswipe that's what I'm doing.

Quote:
Anyway... what have you been doing to make money on the side? Is it at all sound/music related? Even trying to find a part time side job is difficult because my resume is all music!! haha. damnit. I think I'll just have to keep on pushing until something comes up... and apply EARLY for seasonal jobs.
Well I've had a day job for the past 4 years but the company just went under so now I'm jobless. I've been hitting up some people I've worked on music for before but nothing has come out of it yet, a lot of "I might have something for you! Lets do lunch!". To be honest I'm not trying very hard nowadays, haha.

Quote:
I will hook you up one day, Dylan, in hopes that you or somebody else will do the same once they strike gold haha.
Deal!

Requiem 2012-11-23 06:53

3 Thanksgiving dinners, fucks yes