MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RTT #178: In Memory of RTT #177 (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56994)

Dyldo 2012-08-02 11:57

And Sacred Reich is still around?!

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-02 14:48

That one threw me off a little, too.

Dyldo 2012-08-02 15:10

I remember first hearing them in Encino Man. I was like "oh shit what song is that!" long before I had heard metal.

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-02 16:55

1 Attachment(s)
Do me a favor and take a listen to this, would you? Something I'm working on. I'm kind of stuck at the moment, but I'll break through eventually.

Dyldo 2012-08-02 17:11

I have a hard time listening to powertab music, especially slower metal stuff, so I had a hard time with it keeping my attention. It had some cool moments, but I'd say the intro riff goes on way too long, especially since it repeats soon after.

L,B'XXX 2012-08-03 02:12

Chris, I tried to play it twice and it crashed my firefox.

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-03 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I have a hard time listening to powertab music, especially slower metal stuff, so I had a hard time with it keeping my attention. It had some cool moments, but I'd say the intro riff goes on way too long, especially since it repeats soon after.

What is now the intro riff might not be by the time I'm finished. It plays longer the first time to leave room for a longer verse, but that could definitely change whenever I write lyrics for it. Thanks for listening, btw. Do you prefer GP? I could just as easily export to GP next time.

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-03 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

Browsers don't play powertabs.

Dyldo 2012-08-03 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

Ahahahaha

And no I'm good with PT. I don't even having GP.

Amadeus 2012-08-03 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Do me a favor and take a listen to this, would you? Something I'm working on. I'm kind of stuck at the moment, but I'll break through eventually.

Would be glad to give it a listen, but maybe in another format...?

Dyldo 2012-08-03 10:04

Chris, you should look into buying cheap guitar DI interface to plug in and record onto your computer and then torrent a drum machine (I like Drumkit From Hell, but there's better) so you can put your ideas down in a much more accessible, hell, even releasable, format.

L,B'XXX 2012-08-03 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Would be glad to give it a listen, but maybe in another format...?

What he said.

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-03 20:19

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a GP5. I tried recording an MP3, but the sound panel on my laptop is messed up and everything got recorded via microphone. I didn't even realize I had one. On the plus side, I got a pretty funny sound file of ultra low volume of the GP file being played and me butchering my own song on this awful acoustic thing that I love. Once I can figure out how to configure the sound card to record using the stereo mix I can have a rough mp3 up of the RSE playing.

Any comments are appreciated, so say whatever you want if you listen to it.

Gomli 2012-08-05 12:28

Fuckin Electric Wizard got stuck in a traffic jam and couldn't make it :( Anyway, I saw:
Amon Amarth, Coroner, Dark Funeral, Decapitated (Spheres of Madness and Post Organic made me almost kill someone), Dimmu Borgir+Orchestra, D.R.I., Endstille, Forbidden, Kylesa, Machine Head, Napalm Death, Overkill, Opeth, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Six Feet Under*, Unearth, Warbringer and WATAIN.
I spent hours and hours just wandering around and watching shows while all my mates got drunk as fuck but I didn't had the time to compete with them. Anyway saw a lot cool bands and Watain definitely are one of the best fuckin bands around.

*SFU played Stripped, Raped and Strangeled and Hammer Smashed Face and seriously Chris Barnes nailed those two soooo fuckin much it was pure killer.

Dyldo 2012-08-05 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Fuckin Electric Wizard got stuck in a traffic jam and couldn't make it :( Anyway, I saw:
Amon Amarth, Coroner, Dark Funeral, Decapitated (Spheres of Madness and Post Organic made me almost kill someone), Dimmu Borgir+Orchestra, D.R.I., Endstille, Forbidden, Kylesa, Machine Head, Napalm Death, Overkill, Opeth, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Six Feet Under*, Unearth, Warbringer and WATAIN.
I spent hours and hours just wandering around and watching shows while all my mates got drunk as fuck but I didn't had the time to compete with them. Anyway saw a lot cool bands and Watain definitely are one of the best fuckin bands around.

*SFU played Stripped, Raped and Strangeled and Hammer Smashed Face and seriously Chris Barnes nailed those two soooo fuckin much it was pure killer.

That really blows about EW not being able to make it. I'd be pissed. Sounds like you got a lot out of it though!

Chris Rezendes 2012-08-05 20:59

Even if EW were my primary reason for going, I'd still be jazzed to have seen some of those other bands. Since I've never even listened to EW, I'm kinda jelly Gomers.

Gomli 2012-08-06 02:52

The actual reason I went there were Coroner and Watain.
Watain played at like 1 am during a thunderstorm. Most epic and evil thing I ever saw and I've ever heard. Thunder, Wind, Rain, Fire and thousands of people screaming "Sworn to the dark", almost killed me

Dyldo 2012-08-06 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Even if EW were my primary reason for going, I'd still be jazzed to have seen some of those other bands. Since I've never even listened to EW, I'm kinda jelly Gomers.

Dude, listen to Dopethrone.

Gomli 2012-08-06 08:30

^this

Tattered 2012-08-06 15:23

Hello! wow..its been a while since i've properly posted here, hope everyone is well.. i just popped by to post some video's of my playing in the bass zone.. not that anyone checks it! but thought i might aswell share anyway :)

Cheeeeers! :beer: