MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wow, so it's been about 4 years... (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56991)

sqol 2012-06-14 15:01

Wow, so it's been about 4 years...

Well hello again :)

I got an email the other day that reminded me of this place, so I thought i'd briefly check and say hello... especially as I just read the thread about moe_blunts :( Suffice to say, i'm still here doing my thing.

So since my last post about 4 years ago, I went to uni, finished uni, left London and now I work for an manufacturer of audio gear, installing equipment and training people how to use it.... when I was last here, I was still working in a supermarket! :/

It's good to see that there are still some of the old-timers kicking around, i'll try and pop in more often, when lift permits, but fortunately/unfortunately i'm often out of the country, but i'll try my best!

Take care all, stay safe, yea?

Soulinsane 2012-06-15 00:40

You kinda missed everything but you can get up to speed if you read about Bass and Def being married via PST.

L,B'XXX 2012-06-15 02:44

Yeah, that was a heck of a wedding. They had an exotic honeymoon in Nebraska. That's exactly where I'd want to go for mine.

I recognize your name. Nice to see you back around and doing well. :)

BassBehemoth 2012-06-15 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
You kinda missed everything but you can get up to speed if you read about Bass and Def being married via PST.

:love:

Nice to see you post sqol!

Chris Rezendes 2012-06-15 07:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane

I objected, of course, on the grounds that I still love Bass. Apparently, he is soooooo over me.

Amadeus 2012-06-15 09:05

What? Wedding? And no one invited me? And just what am I supposed to read into that?

I actually kinda dimly remember your name, always fun to see old regs return to the green hole.

BassBehemoth 2012-06-15 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I objected, of course, on the grounds that I still love Bass. Apparently, he is soooooo over me.

Clearly you haven't been getting those prison letters I've been sending you..I still love your big Mexican chorizo. :eek:

Dyldo 2012-06-15 11:01

Sup, sqol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
So since my last post about 4 years ago, I went to uni, finished uni, left London and now I work for an manufacturer of audio gear, installing equipment and training people how to use it....

That sounds like a pretty awesome job. How'd you get into that line of work? Did you go to school for it?

sqol 2012-06-16 06:53

Cheers guys! I'll try and hang around a bit :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Sup, sqol?

That sounds like a pretty awesome job. How'd you get into that line of work? Did you go to school for it?

Well I studied Audio Engineering at uni, but most of the valuable experience came from working in a recording studio (where I was a tech), so it taught me a lot about what people want of gear, and how they like to work. Then I just applied for this, and got it!

It can be quite cool, I get to fly round the world visiting recording studios and broadcasters, but it can get tiring when you fly somewhere for just 1 day! I think the main thing is that you've just got to be the right kinda person-- you can't buckle under pressure, and you've got to be able to be friendly (that's all you guys out of the equation, sorry! ho-ho) and articulate to a lot of people, especially when you're working with a translator.

But it is quite neat :)

Soulinsane: for a while I was working freelance building Fairchild 670 limiters... 11 transformers and 20 tubes.... proper beasts, you'd have loved them, I think! (I might speak to you about Output transformers at some point, got a project on the go)

It's good to see some of the old faces still here :)

BassBehemoth 2012-06-16 07:51

That does sound like a pretty badass job, good for you!

JoeYngVai 2012-06-16 17:52

I'm simply chipping in to say that I remember you, but you most likely don't remember me. If the avatar had changed then it might have thrown me off haha.

Nihilist 2012-06-24 04:50

sup

Dyldo 2012-06-24 12:08

OH SHITS

JoeYngVai 2012-06-24 19:31

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

my... creator.

YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD 2012-06-24 20:10

From West Philadelphia...

Soulinsane 2012-06-27 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
sup

lol, Nice to see the forever enduring fire bird at last replaced with Will Smith.

Nihilist 2012-06-27 08:42

haha I honestly don't remember changing my avatar to Will Smith. when did this happen?

Dyldo 2012-06-27 08:55

Paddy took it upon himself to change everyone's avatar to the Big Willy some months back.

What album was that again featuring that phoenix bird?

FearFrost 2012-06-27 18:33

HOLY FUCK, if FBS drops i will shit myself and upload it

Nihilist 2012-06-27 22:31

I don't remember what it was from!

How are you faggots anyway?