MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RTT #169: IncePSTion (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56513)

Paddy 2010-11-09 10:47

RTT #169: IncePSTion

I fucking love rum truffles.

Wolfsherz 2010-11-09 10:54

Track up from the black/death project I'm working on.

If any of you would like to comment I'd be exstatic.

Also: cunts etc.

Paddy 2010-11-09 10:57

Quote:
Oops, looks like we can't find that page!
WHY DO YOU MOCK ME?

JoeYngVai 2010-11-09 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz

I'd like to paste this audio over a clip of children playing tag at the park. Sounds frightening, but needs more bass oomph!

Paddy 2010-11-09 11:47

Quote:

It's working now :D

This is fucking epic shit, Wolf. I think the only black metal I listen to is Cradle of Filth and they stopped being black metal about 9 albums ago, but I'm digging this track. It's fucking sonic, too. Did you produce this yourself?

12 thumbs up. If you've never seen 12 thumbs on one person before you've obviously never seen an Irishman up close, and it's to your credit.

L,B'XXX 2010-11-09 15:54

Wolfie, that totally kicked a$$!!!! :beer:

JoeYngVai 2010-11-09 16:39

I'll say it kicks ass once I hear more bass.

Amadeus 2010-11-09 17:44

Quote:

Not my prime choice for a listen, but I'm with Joe - a heavy distinct bass and you'll have yourself some good kickass right there.

drawn&quartered 2010-11-09 18:15

black metal isn't supposed to have bass

Wolfsherz 2010-11-09 18:39

Holy Cow Vishnu, thanks for all the replies! (except for Drawn&Quartered, fuxxx u).

As for bass, will head back to record bass sometime soon, but I don't see it playing a prominent role in here (whereas I normally DEMAND a prominent role in every other band I play), but I don't see much more room for it. Won't be following the guitars all of the time, but still. Whatever.

Mixed? Nothing is mixed on this. Just a preset, 2 guitarlayers (one left one right), and then another one in the centre, played with the toneknob all the way DOWN to get that dense-sound. Absolutely no polishing or something after that. And frankly I absolutely love the way it sounds (save maybe for the drums, digital 'n all y'know), will explore some mastering etc but for now I love the sound it has, suits it I think.

Vocals will follow end of this month, start of next month, will upload a sample then too of course.

Amadeus 2010-11-09 18:40

True, D&Q, but the fact that mosquitoes are supposed to suck blood has never stopped me from mass murdering the little buggers at every given opportunity.

drawn&quartered 2010-11-09 18:59

Quote:
Holy Cow Vishnu, thanks for all the replies! (except for Drawn&Quartered, fuxxx u).

you always lash out at me for no reason, ever since I remember you first posting

no tampons needed, I just always wonder what the hell is your problem.

Wolfsherz 2010-11-09 19:06

Was just aimed at your comment, no (serious) offence intended, check your pm's brah.

Also: holy shit so many posts regarding me/sample, I'm this close this jizzing myseohgoddamnit.

Paddy 2010-11-09 19:18

He was hoping it would lead to make-up sex.

Dyldo 2010-11-09 21:10

Quote:

Sounds pretty good, Wolf. Nice blackened death. I have to disagree with you on the bass though, it could really help to be brought up and it would give the song much more presence. Its got a low end that needs to be filled and I some good bass work would compliment both the guitars and the songs heaviness. I don't think you should be complacent about taking a very back seat in something like this. Try upping it in the mix and see how everyone feels about it. If they differ from what I say, they're wrong. WRONG!

What are the vocals going to sound like?

What kind of mics did you use on the guitars?

What program did you use for drums? They didn't sound too bad, but if you've got to go with digital you need to use Drumkit From Hell (2) by East West. Its a seriously massive program with amazing real-time samples (some of which were recorded with whats-his-face from Meshuggah on kit). You can easily torrent it. If you want to here what it sounds like/is capable of, check out my myspace below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I fucking love bum truffles.

He clearly meant that.

Amadeus 2010-11-10 01:56

Quote:
Also: holy shit so many posts regarding me/sample, I'm this close this jizzing myseohgoddamnit.

Well, this is a music forum, and to the best of my knowledge every single person here is at least a hobby musician. They're a whole lot of other disturbing things as well, sure, but music now. That's music to the nose.

Wolfsherz 2010-11-10 04:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Sounds pretty good, Wolf. Nice blackened death. I have to disagree with you on the bass though, it could really help to be brought up and it would give the song much more presence. Its got a low end that needs to be filled and I some good bass work would compliment both the guitars and the songs heaviness. I don't think you should be complacent about taking a very back seat in something like this. Try upping it in the mix and see how everyone feels about it. If they differ from what I say, they're wrong. WRONG!

What are the vocals going to sound like?

What kind of mics did you use on the guitars?

What program did you use for drums? They didn't sound too bad, but if you've got to go with digital you need to use Drumkit From Hell (2) by East West. Its a seriously massive program with amazing real-time samples (some of which were recorded with whats-his-face from Meshuggah on kit). You can easily torrent it. If you want to here what it sounds like/is capable of, check out my myspace below.

He clearly meant that.

Mic on the guitars? None, just played through a Line 6 pod somewhere, had to do a LOT of working on the tone to get the digitalness of it away though.
Drums ARE Drumkit from Hell, cool program indeed, here they sound a bit too digital to my tastes, but in some of the other songs I've recorded it sounds almost perfect that way.

I was planning on using guitar pro's "metal drum kit" RSE for drums, so thank God I found someone with DfH in time.

Vocalist heading for the studio end this month/start next month. How it will sound? Well I've listened to his previous albums, where he utilises a.o. quite deep grunts, but he has quite a big range, so my guess is as good as yours, and I like it that way.

L,B'XXX 2010-11-10 10:59

Wolfie, sometimes my elderly ears aren't real keen on black metal vocals because they detract from the music to me, but I'll give your vocals a listen on this one. I think it's an edgy piece as it is so go for it. Just don't make them gingery. :P

Gomli 2010-11-10 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
black metal isn't supposed to have bass

Evidence nr. 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WcsV7hQ1V4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Track up from the black/death project I'm working on. If any of you would like to comment I'd be exstatic. Also: cunts etc.

A wall of guitar is always good. I really like it. The only thing I don`t appreciate is the bassdrum sound, needs more punch and pwnage if you know what I mean :O

Dyldo 2010-11-10 15:01

Quote:
Mic on the guitars? None, just played through a Line 6 pod somewhere, had to do a LOT of working on the tone to get the digitalness of it away though.
Drums ARE Drumkit from Hell, cool program indeed, here they sound a bit too digital to my tastes, but in some of the other songs I've recorded it sounds almost perfect that way.

The guitars sound pretty good for a Pod setup. Good work.

Is it? What set did you use? The hi-hats sound a bit digital along with the bass, but then again, it might sound like that simply because drum machines can never play blast beats like a human can.