MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Children Of Bodom? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532)

RomikQ 2001-12-09 03:31

Children Of Bodom?

What does every1 think of em?

I think they are fucking great. I just lidtened to their songs for a while and, shit, they kickass! Great hevy riffs, good heavy vocals. Drumming isn't great, but it's ok. Overall - 5 warhammers

Becker rules 2001-12-10 14:48

I only gave them 3 cause the vocals suck.

RomikQ 2001-12-10 18:17

I think their vocals are pretty good. They are heavy and sometimes growling, but don't sound bad, unlike In Flames who have great music but shitty vocals

xixkix 2001-12-16 12:22

well?

music is technical but vocals abit like dani fitlh.....

far_beyond_sane 2001-12-17 05:38

One of my very favourite bands. No idea what people don't get from the vocals, I hear them just fine.

RomikQ 2001-12-17 19:49

Yeah CoB are pretty fucking sweet! and dani filth is a great vocalist too.

do not:sleeping: or else :vampire:

xixkix 2001-12-19 11:26

Quote:
Originally posted by RomikQ
Yeah CoB are pretty fucking sweet! and dani filth is a great vocalist too.

do not:sleeping: or else :vampire:
great vocals.......serpent tongue ttears u thru the nite.....................from the cradle to enslave?????? hehehehe:}:beer:

Kiniric 2001-12-19 14:06

Dani has one hell of a high-pitched voice...but it fits in perfectly for CoF songs, they are really cool. CoB vocals are just fine, he has a heavy slur along with his heavy finnish accent which makes his vocals delightfully near-impossible to understand, I really like CoB.

Longjocks 2001-12-20 07:38

Vocals are fine in my humble opinion. I don't think they are deliberately trying to emulate anyone in particular, so who cares?!

Follow the Reaper is the best album I've listened to in a long time... metal or otherwise! The vocals suit it fine... maybe in future releases a little more vocal harmony will show through. If not... well... as long as the next album is as good as FtR then so what. LONG LIVE CoB!!!!!!!!

Stormrider12 2002-01-07 18:08

CoB rules. They're one of my favorite bands.

Wild Child 2002-01-07 18:30

They're my favorite band of all time, absolutely no question... I even chose my username as a tribute to Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho, lead guitarist and vocalist of the band.

When I first started listening to black metal, I couldn't stand the vocals, but now I almost crave them. And it's funny, I'm not a drummer, but the drums sound amazing to me!

My favorite CoB song has to be "Silent Night, Bodom Night," although it is hard to choose - every song is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vortigern 2002-01-15 07:09

Children of Bodom are pretty cool, even though I like their debut album best. But Alexi Laiho is a great vocalist and a great guitarwizz. Sure wish I could play like him.

xixkix 2002-01-16 08:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Vortigern
Children of Bodom are pretty cool, even though I like their debut album best. But Alexi Laiho is a great vocalist and a great guitarwizz. Sure wish I could play like him.
yap it is of a great vocalist ....................damn technical..............wish can play like them tooooooo

Kiniric 2002-01-16 20:47

Well I wouldn't say hes that great of a vocalist, but he is playing the guitar at the same time....and DAMN IS HE PLAYING IT!

Wild Child 2002-01-16 22:25

I can't say enough about Alexi Laiho... he's such a versatile player. I really like the vocals, personally. But I can assure you that with time, the playing and the vocals are only going to get BETTER. After all, he's only 22 years old! :eek:

RomikQ 2002-01-16 22:32

:eek: he's pretty good for a 22-yr old!!! i mean kerry king is what? like 45 and the alexi guy is nearly as good as him

Kiniric 2002-01-17 17:09

Actually I read an interview and he was talking about breaking up the band soon and when I saw that I was just like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't remember where I saw that though.

About the vocals, they aren't bad, they fit into the music just great, but I think it would be fun if he played around with different vocalists and concentrated on his guitar playing.

Wild Child 2002-01-18 23:55

Quote:
he's pretty good for a 22-yr old!!! i mean kerry king is what? like 45 and the alexi guy is nearly as good as him

- RomikQ

Whaaa??? Really???? I don't listen to much Slayer at all, but I've never been impressed with Kerry King, not in the least... his solos just don't seem to go anywhere, and just seem like a rip-fest, with no emotion or relevance to the song at all.

But, of course, keep in mind that I've only heard about 6 Slayer songs. Maybe he is great... but I dunno....... I don't think that anyone alive today can touch Laiho. I've listened to almost every popular metal band on the face of the Earth, and Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho has them all beaten.

And of course, beauty (and I suppose talent), is in the eye of the beholder... a guitar player may seem God-like to one person, while only average to another. I know that Slayer has a HUGE following, so this is probably the case with Kerry King...

I'll be sure to listen to more of his playing in the near future. He's probably better than I've ever given him credit for! :)

Wild Child 2002-01-18 23:57

Quote:
Actually I read an interview and he was talking about breaking up the band soon

- Kiniric

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is news to me!!!!!! I would be DEVASTATED if this occured. Kiniric, do you remember where the article was from????

Kiniric 2002-01-20 21:27

Well I think I said in that thing I posted that I didn't, but if I didn't say that, I forget where I saw that. That was a couple months ago or something when I was trying to learn how to play the guitar and tried following CoB stuff but couldn't. So I gave up trying to play the guitar.

I think it would be extremely horrible if CoB broke up.