MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Heaviest band (in general) that you know. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487)

wannabe 2001-11-22 21:12

Heaviest band (in general) that you know.

Now heavy can interpreted different ways. Some think of "sonically heavy", which is loud recording and the gain turned up. Nu-metal is more infamous for that. Then there is "grind-death-metal heavy", which is the kind you guys talk about. That's what I want to know. Overall, what band do you guys think, cuts the mustard. I'm interested in opinions here. Let's open the floor.

I think Morbid Angel is probably one of the heaviest.

Anyone who says Mortician will die a slow detah. :)

c0RPsE 2001-11-22 21:31

Decapitated! :behead: :behead: :behead: :behead:

is the fucking heavist band ever. Talk about extreme power of 2 guitarists. You listen to one song and its so heavy it will torture your speakers :) You have to check out their cover of Slayer's song "Mandatory Suicide" IT MAKES SLAYER SOUND SO FUCKING WEAK compared to the power of Decapitated. By the way, they are Polish and definately are the best band from Poland

:uzi: :flame:

FUCK VADER, THEY SUCK COMPARED THE DECAPITATED!!!

Also..
Disgorge
Devourment

Hm theres something with heaviness and the bands starting with 'd'

Old Cannibal Corpse such as Tomb of The Mutilated is pretty heavy for old shit you know!

Dying Fetus is also around there too! Now beats it with the hard palm mute hardcore riffs THEY RULE!

Morbid Angel isn't that heavy you know... Only til their recent albums have they come a little "heavy", but they are still a good death metal band. Their old shit sounds weak to cannibal corpse's old shit :D

walpurgis 2001-11-22 21:34

Hmm, I'll go with Morbid Angel myself...

memnoch 2001-11-22 22:00

I'd say Morbid Angel is one of the heaviest sounding bands i know....but probably not the heaviest. I don't know for sure which one would be the all time heaviest, but i have some bands in mind:
Incantation (mostly The Infernal Storm)
Immolation (heavy sound, i love em! :) )
Nile (they've got some fast riffs, but it's all heavy deep sounding everything, the singer rules too)

yeah.....that's all i can think of right now.

Katham 2001-11-23 09:43

Napalm Death
Siege
SxOxB

INVERTED 2001-11-24 03:02

I still think that the heaviest shit came out in the early ninties.

OBITUARY - CAUSE OF DEATH!!!:vampire:

Need I say more?

Katham 2001-11-24 07:54

Ummm... Yeah...

BTW, I think it was around '88 and '89

Father Death 2001-11-24 12:04

MORBID!!!!!
INCANTATION!!!
NILE!!!

MY DYING BRIDE!??!?!?!??

hehe, i know thier not to be part of this topic, but i just love MDB...

Katham 2001-11-25 03:12

Hey, Incantation is a pretty good band... ;) :beer:

Not heavy, tho... :p

memnoch 2001-11-25 18:08

WHA?!? Of course Incantation is heavy man! Why wouldn't they be?

Father Death 2001-11-25 18:43

and Napalm is? F00!:uzi:

Ivo 2001-12-07 10:37

Heaviest band on earth

Well,Morbid Angel is surely the heaviest band around and their music is fucking excellent too.I'm looking for deathheads interested in M.A.,Possessed,Vader and some 80-ies stuff.

Sniper Wolf 2001-12-07 10:58

Mudvayne

Lal 2001-12-07 11:09

Quote:
Originally posted by c0RPsE
[B]Decapitated! :behead: :behead: :behead: :behead:

is the fucking heavist band ever. Talk about extreme power of 2 guitarists. You listen to one song and its so heavy it will torture your speakers :)

What is of course hilarious about this statement is that Decapitated only has one guitarist. Live, they have a session guy (who plays guitar in Sceptic), but for recording it's just the one guy. It doesn't have to take two guitarists to sound heavy on a studio recording. You just need one guy who is very tight and patient enough to record multiple tracks.

Quote:
FUCK VADER, THEY SUCK COMPARED THE DECAPITATED!!!

Vader play a different style of death metal. Comparing them is not exactly fair in this context.

heavy?

Immolation
Carcass (on Heartwork, they sound fat)
Nevermore (on "The Politics of Ecstasy")

I'll think of some more when I get back home and check out my CDs.

memnoch 2001-12-07 16:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Lal
heavy?

Immolation
Carcass (on Heartwork, they sound fat)
Nevermore (on "The Politics of Ecstasy")

FINALLY!!!!!!! RECOGNITION FOR IMMOLATION OTHER THAN ME AND FD!!!!!!!!! W00!!! I LOVE YOU LAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Immolation has a very VERY heavy sound.....and it's not just heavy, the music is amazing and it sounds awesome, like nothing i've ever heard before. Definitely one of the best and heaviest bands i know of.

Another band i recently discovered which i consider to be probably one of or maybe even the heaviest band i know, is Crowbar. Every song by this band is heavy shit. It's awesome. Most of it are slow riffs, with heavy slow drumming, and low chords with nice riffs and shit, it's sweet stuff.

RomikQ 2001-12-07 18:43

Crytopsy.

They suck, but they're heavy. Immolations's pretty cool too. But Mudvayne??? What are u smoking man?:stoned:

RomikQ 2001-12-08 19:40

Damn it, how could I forget???

THE HEAVIEST BAND ALIVE IS (drum roll):

:uzi: CENTINEX:uzi:

ignore my above post about crytopsy:uzi:

Katham 2001-12-09 05:57

Forgot Unseen Terror... And earrly (demo tapes + first s/t 7" at Bovine records) Agoraphobic Nosebleed.

Father Death 2001-12-09 13:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Wolf
Mudvayne

WWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?

WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!??!

:behead:

Katham 2001-12-09 13:34

Funny, huh?

But I'm not suprised...

I know 10+ ppl who thinks that Limp Bizkit is the heaviest, and they are mega-metalheads, because they've got red caps... I hate those ppl.